Newbie from Melbourne Australia

Options
Hi all
Im a 39 yo mum with 2 teenage daughters and work full time. Was once a fab 63kg but over the last 10 years put on at least 25 kg. My scales can't be found right now...so estimating at present. Been using myfitnesspal for 2 weeks and have noticed a change in clothes which is good. My goal weight is 63kg.
Don't have much support with my diet at home as the remainder of the family eat as they wish, although come dinner time they have no choice but to eat what I eat as im the one doing the cooking !
Thanks for reading my post...hope to hear from you soon.
Jenet:smile:

Replies

• sherrillg
    sherrillg Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Welcome Jenet! This is a fabulous site with wonderful, supportive members! I hope it's all you need it to be! Feel free to add me as a friend if you like!

Sherrill
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to friend me...you'll get chock a block of support here! I'm in the States, but :heart: Australia!
  • pnieuw
    pnieuw Posts: 473
    Options
    Just visited Melbourne last Dec 16 to 21. Faboulous city. Truly an amazing place to visit and live, I imagine!

Welcome to the site, and if you need friends, feel free to add me!

(My profile picture is from a park just a short walk from the Queen Victoria Market, taken probably Dec 18th of last year!)

p
  • Jenlynphi
    Jenlynphi Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Welcome Jenet! I have two teenagers too and it's hard to stick to healthy eating. :grumble: Feel free to add me as a friend. Good luck on your weight loss journey. :smile:
  • natifan2
    natifan2 Posts: 13
    Options
    Hey Jenet,

Feel free to add me to your list. I have only been on the site for 11 days and it is pretty nice. The support you will find is great no matter how little or big amount you want to lose. You are from the area where one of my best friends from college now resides. His wife was from the area.

Michael
  • dreambodin2011
    dreambodin2011 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Hi Jenet

Welcome - add me and we can motivate each other - I'm in outer east Melb and very keen to get this body sorted!
  • amandac72
    amandac72 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Hi Jenet,

I'm in Melbourne too :happy: I started on here over a year ago at nearly 95kg (I'm only 5'2) and as of today I'm down to 64kg and for the first time in my life fitting into size 10 clothes :bigsmile:

I also have 2 teenagers, as well as a 5yo and 3yo twins. My kids sound the same as yours with their eating, my Husband has been joining in on the diet and exercise a bit more lately (probably since I have been getting a lot of positive comments) and we have been trying to do more activity as a family. If you do the shopping then I would just not buy the unhealthy food and then its just not there to tempt you, my kids are always moaning there is nothing good in the house to eat, I just tell them there is plenty of fruit so help yourselves :laugh: but they are teenagers, its like it is their job to complain!!

Good luck, I will send you a friend request, I have a great network of friends on here (lots are Aussies) and they are all so supportive and motivating and it has helped me so much with my weight loss.

Amanda.