Newcomer

Options
Hey all

I signed up awhile ago, but that's as far as I got. I broke both of my feet tripping over a dog and falling down the stairs in 2005. After spending months in a wheel chair doing absolutley nothing, it took months yet before I could walk entirely through the local mall. Consequently I gained quite a bit of weight. Last week I was told that I needed to have surgery on one of my feet (bone grafting) Sadly it never healed and is still broken. My doctor however says that I need to lose 40 lbs before my surgery on Nov 17, sooooo
time to diet. I joined one of the local gyms yesterday for water aerobics before my surgery and signed up here to keep track of my calories and make myself accountable. Dear hubby and a really nice lady that I work with also are members here to support one another.

Here's to success for the three of us!

Replies

• angela360
    Options
    Best of luck to you. This is a great site with a lot of great people who will support you on your journey. Please feel free to add me if you'd like.
  • joannt10300
    joannt10300 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much...could use all the support I can get...
  • mwomack95
    Options
    I feel your pain, I feel off a horse and spranged my ankle. It took two years for me to fifgure out I had really broken my talus bone, and it had healed diplaced. It did heal though. It hurt like heck for the next five years and I finally realized I had to get up and move again. Through self therapy I just jogged, althought very slowly, about half a mile of my first 5k in 16 years. My time sucked, 51 minutes, but I FINISHED! Better than that I am still working out. I weighed 220 when I broke my foot and when I finally got determined enought to get moving, I weighted 306!!

It has not been an easy journey, nor is it over yet but to date I have lost 27lbs, in 12 months. I took a 6 month break in which I regained 12 lbs, but I am back at it. Anything is possible with determination. The thing that has helped me the very most is to chart my food, every single day. It is amazing how the calories add up. And I try to pay attention to the carbs, proteins, etc. It makes a diffrence. I started water aerobics, which I love!! And I ask and give support to everyone along their journey....best of luck to you.

new friends are always welcome!!
  • joannt10300
    joannt10300 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I really do feel your pain...was tossed from a horse myself at age 16...multiple surgeries on my left arm to repair! Both of my sisters, all of my nieces and my daughter are horse people too. Dear daughter currently has a half qtr horse, half mustang she is trying to finish breaking in.