Do movies and video games motivate you to lose weight?

Options
I've always been the type that is motivated by movies, television and even video game characters. Last night I saw the new Jumanji movie (surprisingly very funny) and two of the female lead characters really got me pumped for getting a flat tummy and cute legs. I just need to stop being lazy and workout lol.

What about you guys? Does visual media motivate you to lose the gut?

Replies

• fuzzy_l0gic
    fuzzy_l0gic Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Male movie stars don’t motivate me, because even though I know they are real people, their bodies just seem fake and unattainable. They only need to look that way for filming. Although, mega-props for looking that amazing.
    Now male athletes, that’s a different story. Last year, Ryan Shazier (LB for the Pittsburgh Steelers) was seen doing his warmups before a playoff game in sub-freezing temps without a shirt. They showed footage of him later in the broadcast. If I looked like that, I’d warmup without a shirt too. :-)
  • DebLaBounty
    DebLaBounty Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Actually, I am inspired by the before/after photos here in the Success Stories section. When I watch a movie, I want to eat a bucket of buttered popcorn and I kind of blow off how in shape the actresses are.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Not really...most of that is fake and/or enhanced by Hollywood "magic"...

I'm far more inspired by the guys my age at the gym who are rocking it and the guys I ride with on occasion...none of them look like perfect specimens, but they look pretty damned good for 40s...
  • amyteacake
    amyteacake Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    After watching Wonder Woman, that movie really motivated me to lose weight and to become fitter after seeing Gal Gadot. Tbh, I don't think it helped that i have a bit of a crush on her haha
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    amyteacake wrote: »
    After watching Wonder Woman, that movie really motivated me to lose weight and to become fitter after seeing Gal Gadot. Tbh, I don't think it helped that i have a bit of a crush on her haha

Who doesn't? Hahaha, I have music from the score in my workout playlist and it always makes me push harder! I pretend I'm an Amazon with a short sword and a buckler, kicking the snot out of invaders. :D
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,140 Member
    Options
    Tinkachu wrote: »
    What about you guys? Does visual media motivate you to lose the gut?

Nope!

What motivates me is what I can (or cannot) do.

In other words, if I find myself struggling to cycle up hills ... it's time to drop a few pounds.

• amyteacake
    amyteacake Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    amyteacake wrote: »

Who doesn't? Hahaha, I have music from the score in my workout playlist and it always makes me push harder! I pretend I'm an Amazon with a short sword and a buckler, kicking the snot out of invaders. :D

I do that too! That soundtrack gives me life hahah