#mindymoves

Options
Heyllo, my name is Mindy and I'm turning 30 in March.
This picture has lot a fire under my butt:
26ihvrn9x9bw.jpeg
This is from Christmas 2017. Two and a half years after I hit the -50 lb mark, the weight has been steadily creeping back up on me. I use extra pounds as a buffer against the world, an excuse to not do things that I don't want to because someone my size doesn't deserve to have fun, if I'm this big nobody will like me romantically so I don't run the risk of being hurt by men, etc.

This is Mindy from two and a half years ago:
6opdgsbk4y36.jpeg
She was confident, believed in herself, was excited to try new things.
I've become a shadow of my former self and I'm finally ready to face the light again, braver and better than ever.
I'm starting to se the need for community and I'm finally throwing myself into it, even though my fear of failing has always seen me lone-wolf it through these "phases" of mine.
Thanks for reading :)

Replies

• ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    You got this Mindy! Thanks for sharing your story. Lot’s of great people here. Provides me with inspiration and motivation daily. (Even though I might not always talk about it).
  • eenyMindymo
    eenyMindymo Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    ROBOTFOOD wrote: »
    You got this Mindy! Thanks for sharing your story. Lot’s of great people here. Provides me with inspiration and motivation daily. (Even though I might not always talk about it).

Thank you for responding, kinda depressing when you make a thread and nobody answers
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    The forums are usually slower during the night. I’m sure more will. Especially if I comment again and it goes to the top :)
  • YOLO145
    YOLO145 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
  • YOLO145
    YOLO145 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    bahahaha :D . I was trying to post a "You got this!" gif, but clearly I don't, oh well. Good luck on your journey Mindy!
  • eenyMindymo
    Options
    ROBOTFOOD wrote: »
    The forums are usually slower during the night. I’m sure more will. Especially if I comment again and it goes to the top :)

It's aight, it felt good to get it out there into the universe even if nobody else cares lmao
  • eenyMindymo
    Options
    YOLO145 wrote: »
    bahahaha :D . I was trying to post a "You got this!" gif, but clearly I don't, oh well. Good luck on your journey Mindy!

Thank you very much!
  • kimitla22
    kimitla22 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Mindy, you are beautiful!!! Thank you for sharing your story. You showing your views of yourself shows just how strong you are. I know where you are coming from and am excited to watch your journey!!!! You got this!!!
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    Welcome! So, the thing I noticed is that in your "larger" picture, you still look really happy. A lot of the time, when you see people's "larger" pictures, even if they're smiling they still have some kind of sadness in their eyes. I don't see that in yours. You've got this!
  • eenyMindymo
    Options
    kimitla22 wrote: »
    Mindy, you are beautiful!!! Thank you for sharing your story. You showing your views of yourself shows just how strong you are. I know where you are coming from and am excited to watch your journey!!!! You got this!!!

I am just really ready to feel capable again. I feel mentally stronger now than I was before I lost the weight the first time, but with it creeping back on its made me a little insecure obviously, especially because I LET IT HAPPEN lol :(
  • eenyMindymo
    Options
    AliceDark wrote: »
    Welcome! So, the thing I noticed is that in your "larger" picture, you still look really happy. A lot of the time, when you see people's "larger" pictures, even if they're smiling they still have some kind of sadness in their eyes. I don't see that in yours. You've got this!

Hahaha well that is true. I was happy because it was my first time holding a chicken in my life lol!
    I knew I had gained all the weight back but I didn't really feel it until I was scrolling through my Instagram and saw how different my face looks. That's when I decided I have to do something before I gain possibly even MORE