Snacking about of boredom ☹️

Options
This is prob my biggest set back. I can have a great day work out, stay with in my calories and BAM there goes a box of cheezits! Who else struggles with this and what do you do to help stay on track?

Replies

• GOT_Obsessed
    GOT_Obsessed Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Yep that is me too. I try to brush my teeth after eating so that I don't have to brush them again after eating more. Sometimes it works, sometimes not so much.
  • lisa35120
    lisa35120 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I have a problem with that too. The best solution for me is to just not buy them, so they aren't there to tempt me. Also I find that if I just take a few and then put the box away right away, I'm less likely to keep going back for more.
  • Falklang
    Falklang Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Chuck out the cheezits? My wife and I started our fat loss journey a week or so ago and we chucked out anything we knew we snacked on when bored or out of habit (for me it's crisps/chips and for her it's anything mildly sweet). Then we hauled in tonnes of fruit, low calorie cereal bars, 70% dark chocolate, pickled gherkins, nuts etc. So if we decided to go out and get a snack there would only be healthy variants. On top of this we make sure to drink lots of water and eat enough at breakfast, lunch and dinner.
  • MatiRubio1997
    MatiRubio1997 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    this happened to me because i had very strong anxiety yesterday and i couldn't stop eating but after a while i realized that it was actually a healthy snack lol. There's nothing sugary in my house, we don't buy those things because it helps reduce the temptation, we buy fried food every now and then and make pasta but it's nothing too huge
  • DashGravity
    DashGravity Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    good points here..
    I pump a high protein breakfast, 2L of water a day or more depending on exercise. plan meals. replace snacks with fruit veg or nuts.

retrain your taste buds to enjoy the good foods again. it takes a while but you won't miss it.
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    Low/no-cal beverages help me a lot in these situations, especially tea this time of year. It's distracting, comforting, and the volume keeps you from thinking you're hungry at all.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,942 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    A ) Don't have boxes of cheezits in the house.

B ) Do something. Find a hobby. Take an evening class. Exercise. Clean the house. Volunteer.
  • DebLaBounty
    DebLaBounty Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I think we both just have a habit of snacking at night. It’s pretty common. I’m able to not cave in by looking at my logging for the day. If I have the calories left, I’ll have me some cheezits. If not, I make some stupid tea and sip on that. (Yeah, I said stupid ) After doing that for a few weeks you’ll probably discover you have developed some discipline and won’t screw up your day as often.
  • Jingsi84
    Jingsi84 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Log the cheese-its before you eat them. Just seeing the calories is usually enough for me to skip em or moderate how much I eat of them.
  • Mewwwww
    Mewwwww Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Force yourself to do crunches out of boredom, then. Make it a daily habit. Crunch and crunch until you cannot crunch no more. By crunch no more, I mean go ahead and crunch like crazy until you feel like your body is about to rip in half.
  • Wendyanneroberts
    Wendyanneroberts Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Pre logging the snack, helped me in the past. Often seeing the amount of calories logged, compared to the food, wasn't worth it in my opinion. Also having snacks available and calories left over, to eat them and still hit my calorie allowance helps. Over time my taste buds have changed and I've developed better habits. Over Christmas, I discovered 2 things related to this;
    1)The one food I really missed was my salad.
    2)I have a logging streak of 638 days, during this period, the only food I'd previously loved but not eaten because I know longer thought it was worth the calories or high fat, was lemon cheesecake. So I never bought it, especially as I used to eat a lot of it, in a day. So at Christmas I decided that this would be my indulgence and I bought my favourite. One evening I took a portion and sat down to enjoy it. Only to discover, I no longer love the taste. I just managed to eat that portion, but certainly won't be wanting any more.
  • BabyLovesToRun
    BabyLovesToRun Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Oh man, I can totally mindless eat! I can grab a box of Wheat Thins out of the cupboard and be like "Okay, only going to eat 10 of these for a snack" and BOOM half the box is gone. Problem solver? Only take 10 to begin with. ;)
  • ggirgis44
    ggirgis44 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Awesome tips here! Something that helps me is really getting serious with myself and asking the question: what's worth more: my goal or these cheezits? Because if I keep snacking like this, I won't reach my goal. Self awareness and honesty are key in moving forward during the difficult times. You're doing an incredible job already seeking ways to do that!
  • ladyhusker39
    ladyhusker39 Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    Mewwwww wrote: »
    Force yourself to do crunches out of boredom, then. Make it a daily habit. Crunch and crunch until you cannot crunch no more. By crunch no more, I mean go ahead and crunch like crazy until you feel like your body is about to rip in half.

I'm totally lost on why this would be remotely helpful?

But then you're probably being funny and I've missed it (not uncommon for me).
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Crunch & Munch is delicious. You can keep the Cheez-Its