Valentine's Day Fitness Challenge Check-In February 13

Options
Today is the day to make your VERY LAST STAND towards meeting your goals for this challenge. And, even if you can't actually meet the original goals you set for yourself (like me) you can still give it all you've got to to go out a winner ~ not a quitter. You are all WINNERS!!!

Yesterday I rode my bike for 36 min at a moderate pace, drank my waters, and took my vitamins & meds. Oh, and I power walked in the mall/Target looking for my son who had RUN away! It was my fault, I think. On our way there we'd talked about strangers. Anyway, he went down one aisle ahead of me - I figured 'no big deal, I'll meet him on the other side'. I came around the end and he wasn't there. Another shopper confirmed that she heard me say his name and he was one aisle away. Sometime after that he started running and didn't stop. Even for the mall employee who found him - he was a stranger, afterall. So as my son kept running the employee followed along behind him until I could get to where they were. As he's only 3 he doesn't really have great communication skills yet. All I can figure is that someone was on the aisle with him and since we'd talked about not letting strangers take us he took off! I think I need to clarify the directions of what to do again. Anyway, it was scary but the Target & mall employees were very kind and helpful in locating him. I guess I need a leash for him! :tongue:

Anyway...
+++POSITIVE THOUGHTS+++!!! :flowerforyou:
Happy hump day!
Niccole

Replies

• NTBoard
    NTBoard Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Today is the day to make your VERY LAST STAND towards meeting your goals for this challenge. And, even if you can't actually meet the original goals you set for yourself (like me) you can still give it all you've got to to go out a winner ~ not a quitter. You are all WINNERS!!!

Yesterday I rode my bike for 36 min at a moderate pace, drank my waters, and took my vitamins & meds. Oh, and I power walked in the mall/Target looking for my son who had RUN away! It was my fault, I think. On our way there we'd talked about strangers. Anyway, he went down one aisle ahead of me - I figured 'no big deal, I'll meet him on the other side'. I came around the end and he wasn't there. Another shopper confirmed that she heard me say his name and he was one aisle away. Sometime after that he started running and didn't stop. Even for the mall employee who found him - he was a stranger, afterall. So as my son kept running the employee followed along behind him until I could get to where they were. As he's only 3 he doesn't really have great communication skills yet. All I can figure is that someone was on the aisle with him and since we'd talked about not letting strangers take us he took off! I think I need to clarify the directions of what to do again. Anyway, it was scary but the Target & mall employees were very kind and helpful in locating him. I guess I need a leash for him! :tongue:

Anyway...
    +++POSITIVE THOUGHTS+++!!! :flowerforyou:
    Happy hump day!
    Niccole
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    That's a great story Niccole.

I didn't get much exercise in yesterday - about a 35 minute walk. I don't expect to get much in today either, as Guin's appointment is at 1:30. Maybe I'll feel up to it tonight. Starting Thursday I'm going to kick butt though :happy:
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Hi Niccole glad you found your son. That would be scary to me. Yes today is our last day and I wil celebrate it by going snow shoeing for a little while. I didn't set a goal weight so I won't have any real results to report. I think if we have another one I will set a goal because I think I would do better with one to shoot for. But on the whole every day has been a healthy lifestyle for me and I could say that a year ago so I feel good. Just having a hard time with staying motivated some days. Just having a place to post and say yes I did something today was great.
  • JulieB21
    JulieB21 Posts: 492
    Options
    Good morning ladies. I'm not going to meet my goal either-off by two pounds but still happy all in all. My goal was to lose 12 pounds & I've lost 10.

I switched my workout today. Gonna see if combining 30 minutes of cardio & then 30 minutes of power sculpting makes any difference. I'm only 12 pounds from my goal and would like to be there by my birthday on March 21. What a great way to start off the spring:flowerforyou:

No school today. We are in the midst of a freezing rain storm AGAIN! I think the little one & I will make some home-made :heart: Valentines:heart: today.
  • vicky1
    vicky1 Posts: 236
    Options
    Niccole you must have been so scared we lost our little girl in the animal kingdom disney she was there one minute and when I turned she was gone I was petrified the staff were excellent and radioed immediately while we searched frantically a nice lady could see she was lost and took her to the nearest store when my brother spotted her I couldnt help but cry like a baby when I got her back it was the longest 15min of my life.

I won't meet my goal for valentines day unless by some miracle that in the last 5 days I have lost 6lbs (I am hoping) I will weigh in tomorrow and hope but it doesn't matter anyway I know I am thinner coz my jeans are well looser and I had to tighten my belt 1 notch today when we were playin on the trampoline coz my pants were falling down.

Did elliptical this morning 35 mins 5 less than usual but I increased the resistance and kept my rpm the same so I couldn't manage the last 5 my legs were jelly I will try again tomorrow but I think 35 mins is Ok for a week or so while I get used to the higher intensity. :love:

DVD 25 mins done. :love:
    Walk 40 mins quickly pushing pram done.:love:

All the best everybody hope everyone has a good valentines day.
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Can you believe it? The last day? It seemed like such a long challenge back in December!

Anyway, I'm back from my pamper-fest. I decided to "take a day off" from my eating habits, and do you know what I was dying for? A fruit smoothie or some hummus. I did indulge a bit, eating pizza with wheat flour. My doctor said it was OK to experiment to see if my allergies are any better. They are.

Today, I'm right back on the wagon, doing 60 minutes of yoga.

I'm very excited to be back with my own kitchen and food. Isn't that amazing? A couple of years ago I would have gone weeks without eating a real food item.

What's next ladies? Easter?:flowerforyou:
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I have to share :heart: :heart: :love: :heart: :heart:

I just got finished teaching and went out to my car to head back to the gym for afternoon practices.... There were a dozen long stem roses lying on my front seat!

My husband snuck them in while I was in class! Needless to say, he made my day. I would have expected them tomorrow, but not today! :heart:

Niccole, good lesson. We will start explaining strangers to our little guy now! I dread that day, but know it will come. I remember telling my mom once, "but I knew where I was".... that didn't help the situation!

I'll check in tonight, but will probably do step/gazelle combo again.

My next goal is 3/16 (b-day) and then Easter.
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    did an hour on gazelle; i've been averaging 6 miles for a while, so I need to kick it up. Also did 30 min on my step.

Any recommendations for me to not eat more when I exercise more? There is a direct correlation on my reports and I don't like it! :grumble: I know, the handful of mini converstion hearts ididn't help, but at least it isn't chocolate! :tongue:

What is our new mission? Technically this one is over in five minutes for me! Easter? March?