Options
dlambert3891
dlambert3891 Posts: 183 Member
Who else battles this everyday??

Replies

• WorkerDrone83
    WorkerDrone83 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    Aw, that sucks to hear you're battling this. Good luck, brother!
  • dlambert3891
    Options
  • jacqueline0821
    jacqueline0821 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I am. Suffered from it for several years now. Been hospitalized 5 times. Anxiety is really bad too. I have been stable on my meds again since October. Fortunately I have a very good support system.
  • raetomlin
    raetomlin Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Who else battles this everyday??

I do been dxed when I was 15 I'm almost 38. Some days are hard but I find going to the gym helps.... feel free to add me I'm always willing to talk
  • Mewwwww
    Mewwwww Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure that I am, but I do not want to go on medications for it, as I will feel myself lose myself. I need to learn to control it on my own.
  • vespiquenn
    vespiquenn Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    Me. And the last 6 months it has been really kicking my butt.
  • Mandygring
    Mandygring Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I've been on the other end of it having family with it. Its very hard esp when you know the bad is just around the corner and there's nothing you can do about it but survive.
  • Halloweenmom31
    Halloweenmom31 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Me! Once you find the right DR and the correct medicine it makes a world of difference!
    I am bipolar 1. I CANNOT take antidepressants! That’s key for me. They made me suicidal! Twice! I’m on mood stabilizers and haldol. Anxiety is another issue for me. That’s a terrible demon!
    I have been properly medicated for 8 years now! I don’t have ups and downs anymore! It’s amazing what life is! Although some days I just feel kind of numb. That’s ok. Hopefully you can find a good dr. And the right meds. I suffered for many many years. Now it’s just my weight that I’m trying to balance. The meds made me gain but I’d rather be fat than crazy! Lol
    Good luck!
  • vespiquenn
    vespiquenn Posts: 1,455 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Me! Once you find the right DR and the correct medicine it makes a world of difference!
    I am bipolar 1. I CANNOT take antidepressants! That’s key for me. They made me suicidal! Twice! I’m on mood stabilizers and haldol. Anxiety is another issue for me. That’s a terrible demon!
    I have been properly medicated for 8 years now! I don’t have ups and downs anymore! It’s amazing what life is! Although some days I just feel kind of numb. That’s ok. Hopefully you can find a good dr. And the right meds. I suffered for many many years. Now it’s just my weight that I’m trying to balance. The meds made me gain but I’d rather be fat than crazy! Lol
    Good luck!

I’m actually slightly jealous haha. I tried all (okay not all but way too many) the antidepressants and mood stabilizers, some even twice and different combinations as I got older and my brain chemicals changed. Finally gave up on mood stabilizers because I would become certain degrees of zombie, which didn’t fair well for me being an elementary art teacher. Finally gave up and stuck to Prozac, because my hypomanic episodes I can manage. The depression was far harder to deal with and I would’ve rather had that addressed. But I’m only type II, so the moods aren’t as extreme.. at least they weren’t until recently.
  • dlambert3891
    Options
    Hiya everyone, so sorry for late reply. To start with can I just say I have deep respect for all of you who has shared, in my opinion and probably in the opinion of a lot of others there’s not a lot of people discussing or facing this illness,I’m trying to sort out at the moment a place where people can come sit down and talk,a support group for the suffer and the family’s, because there’s not enough. The point I am at now at 31 is aslong as I take me pills,same time every day,have a strong routine, get plenty of exercise, avoid alcohol, drugs, and anything negative, get good block sleep, then stay stable with very few epsisodes for long periods of time, but as you will know even putting the into practice isn’t bullet proof and it certainly isn’t easy, also I find that trusting your family or closest friends opinions when they can see changes in ur mood helps,cuz u can then get on top of it before it completely gets out of hand.anyway keep fighting, your all worth it,and feel free to add me or private message me,and again thankyou for all your replies
  • 1ucyxxx
    1ucyxxx Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Me I battle it everyday, makes loosing weight and working out hard when your body and mind is unable to do it xxx
  • dlambert3891
    Options
  • nmjordan
    nmjordan Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I have bipolar, anxiety and OCD. The OCD is what KILLED me. I gained 110 lbs. because I had too good of a relationship with food. Luckily, I am stable right now- the most stable I've EVER been. It's taken me 21 years to get here! I can sympathize with you all and I hope it doesn't affect your weight loss too much!
  • IronDogJourney
    IronDogJourney Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Its possible.
  • zacharyzane91
    zacharyzane91 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    i have bipolar type 2, currently my medicine helps alot my fiance is also a huge help she realizes when im entering a manic phase way before i do and is good at keeping me on a schedule
  • MsHappyAss
    MsHappyAss Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    ❤️
  • EternalTruth
    EternalTruth Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    For me the worst is when I am in a mixed state and feel like crying and curling up into a little ball and not getting out of bed yet exhilarated, joyous, and like I have to start on 5 new projects. Those are exhausting. I mean it is all exhausting but those are the most exhausting for me.