Losing the last 5kgs

Options
If I’m only wanting to lose 5kgs/12lbs would 0.5lbs-1lbs per week weight loss be sustainable?

Replies

• GrumpyHeadmistress
    GrumpyHeadmistress Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    KatiieT96 wrote: »
    If I’m only wanting to lose 5kgs/12lbs would 0.5lbs-1lbs per week weight loss be sustainable?

Absolutely, in fact it’s recommended to go slow. With the last few pounds you need to expect a very slow loss that may be interrupted by stalls and small gains. The smaller the amount to lose, the more it can be masked by water weight, hormonal issues, DOMs etc. Don’t freak out if you don’t lose one week or even gain. Stick to the plan and it’ll be a sustainable loss over time.
  • bubaluboo
    bubaluboo Posts: 2,098 Member
    Options
    I think that 0.5lb / week would be best but I find that logging calories must be very accurate to achieve that rate so that you don't accidentally eat to maintenance.
  • KatiieT96
    KatiieT96 Posts: 32 Member
    Options

Absolutely, in fact it’s recommended to go slow. With the last few pounds you need to expect a very slow loss that may be interrupted by stalls and small gains. The smaller the amount to lose, the more it can be masked by water weight, hormonal issues, DOMs etc. Don’t freak out if you don’t lose one week or even gain. Stick to the plan and it’ll be a sustainable loss over time.[/quote]

Yea I don’t want to be deterred by thinking I’ve gained weight when it could just be water weight or that time of the month. Just got to stay driven and motivated to keep working on slow gradual weight loss instead of seeing the usual big losses :)
    Thankyou for the help
  • KatiieT96
    Options
    bubaluboo wrote: »
    I think that 0.5lb / week would be best but I find that logging calories must be very accurate to achieve that rate so that you don't accidentally eat to maintenance.

That’s true! I sometimes probably overestimate my exercise calories so I’m not fussed on if I eat all my allocated calories. I’m trying to make my diet a bit healthier and weigh my foods to get it more accurate.
  • Blythmag
    Blythmag Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I tried the 0.5lb loss target.found i was eating at maint levels so ive gone back to a 1lb a week.keeps me more focused
  • Blythmag
    Blythmag Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Oh an good luck.you will do it
  • KatiieT96
    Options
    Thankyou! :)