Fresh Start and Accountability

Options
Hi everyone! I officially started yesterday, but I'm still getting a feel for exactly what I'm doing and didn't get a chance to post yet.

I am 20 years old and Canadian, with my current goal set at losing 20lbs, but I may adjust it later. I am a medically complex person, with multiple chronic health conditions that affect my quality of life including weight. When I was 18, I found out I have hypothyroidism and started managing it. To my surprise, for the first time in my life I was able to lose weight, despite having obsessed as a teenager trying to be in control. I also have other health issues, both physical and mental, which have made it difficult to maintain my weight loss, but I've decided it's time to fully take charge of my diet, exercise and weight loss.

In the past few months, I have actually gained and lost an additional 20lbs over what my official start weight is, which is what lead me to make this decision. In addition to my overall weight loss goals, I am aiming to increase my protein intake and decrease my consumption of added sugars and simple carbohydrates. I downloaded the MFP app to help with accurately recording (love the feature to scan barcodes of food items!) and for accountability, so far one of my family members has joined me.

I'd love to have some more people to talk to, hold me accountable, and have as friends on here, so feel free to add me if you have similar goals, are friendly and/or if you are also medically complex!

Here's to a fresh start on our health! :)

Replies