Back at it

Options
Fell off for the past few months, eating mindlessly and whatnot. I've gained quite a bit of weight (refusing to weigh myself but my clothes are a little tighter than I'd like) because of it. I'm not necessarily angry about it... I've just been living/enjoying life. But I'm ready to get back to it and lean out a bit before the holidays. Gonna make November my month! :#

Replies

• edeconing
    edeconing Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    We all fall off the rocker every now & again!

Stay positive & you'll crush it :smiley:
  • xkitxkatxkaix
    xkitxkatxkaix Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I fell off for about a year so you're doing pretty good from my pov!Lol! You take back November and rock it out!
  • doctorMICHY
    doctorMICHY Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    We all do it. I’ve been on and off track for months. November though I have to sort myself out. Good luck. We’ve got this
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Options
    Fell off for the past few months, eating mindlessly and whatnot. I've gained quite a bit of weight (refusing to weigh myself but my clothes are a little tighter than I'd like) because of it. I'm not necessarily angry about it... I've just been living/enjoying life. But I'm ready to get back to it and lean out a bit before the holidays. Gonna make November my month! :#

UPDATE: continued to gain throughout November and December... still unsure of my weight but really not happy with how I feel or how my body looks. I AM very active throughout the day between the gym and my job, and I am loving my fitness routine and everything. But the mindless eating kills me... my clothes keep getting tighter and tighter and that is the most discouraging thing.

Because I am so active and work out everyday, I know what I eat is the variable at play. I have just gotten in the habit of eating over maintenance I guess (eating an average of 2,500 or so). Excuse my rambling... just a reminder for me to get my s*** together and get back to eating to reach my goals :) Really just want to lose this extra fluff. I have especially noticed in my face and legs :/ alright here we goooo
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Oh yes the old ostrich approach. I did the same thing. I lost 50 lb a couple of years ago. I think it was in 2015. I was so proud. Even though I was still about 50 pounds overweight, my before and after pictures made me look so hot. I was so happy. And I said to myself I've got this now I don't need to keep logging and keeping track of my food. I know what I can eat and how much. Famous last words.

I begin to suspect I was gaining weight. And I did not want to know the bad news so I did not step on the scale. That was my biggest mistake. Because at that point I had probably only gained 10 or 15 pounds back... And I could have easily lost it again and continued on my track to weight loss....to being the old svelte Me again...

Here I am... Almost back to my original starting weight again and I have to do all that hard work all over again.

Never again will I do this to myself. I have wasted the last 18 years being obese. I wasted the best years of my kids lives as they were growing up... Time when I could have been playing with them; running with them... And I couldn't because I was obese. And tired. And miserable. And filled with self-loathing.

I don't know how old you are... I don't know anything about you... I can only encourage you... Get your head out of the sand... Get back on the wagon... Back on the track to good health. You're burning daylight.
  • starfruit132
    starfruit132 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I too avoid the scale when I know I won't like what I see. Have to make myself do it to reset the mfp setting and goals as it works both ways. Treat it as a "fresh start" like you just discovered this site and the logging process - get the scale out and the measuring tools to stay focused. You can do this. Stay strong.