Shoes!

Options
I have a weak ankle from an injury that I sustained years ago and lately it's been getting worse, and I realized it may be because of the shoes I'm wearing - they're maybe 2-4 years old (but so comfortable and worn in!) I'm really concerned about the well-being of my joints though (specifically that ankle) and I'm seriously considering saving up for a new pair of shoes to use for exercise purposes. The only problem is I'm not sure what to look for in shoes, like even what brands are good.

What shoes do you all use when you go running or do your exercise routines? Do you like them?? I'd love to know :)

Thank you so much!

Replies

• syreetahasting
    Options
    I have a pair of Saucony Cohesion4 that I use for my exercise class & I love them, so comfortable. I bought mine at Shoe Carnival
  • Laurabetha
    Options
    It depends on the type of exercise. I had to get a different type of shoe when I started Zumba and kickboxing because I needed to be able to go side-to-side without rolling my ankle, have little tread to be able to slide, something with a good arch support because of my high arches and something that wouldn't hurt the ball of my foot because I spend a lot of time with most of my weight on the ball. I ended up with Nike's Free Quick Fit. I got them in January and even though they look fine on the outside, my feet started hurting when I was exercising. So I just purchased the Nike dance shoe for my Zumba and it is awesome!

My shoes also came from the Shoe Carnival.
  • paulagabay
    Options
    New Balance has a style that I have worn for 5 years and I won't turn back. The ones with the higher numbers are the best. It is something like 1100 but I don't think that number is right so go to the New Balance store and they will lead you in the right direction. Yes new shoes are a must. The ones I get are highest priced ones but like you it had been almost 2 years since I bought new shoes and I was having back and knee pain. When I put on the new shoes I felt the difference immediately.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I just bought some cross-trainers for my Turbo Fire but it depends on what you do. Running would need different shoes. My cross trainers have no tread for "pivoting". If you go to a discount store you can get some decent shoes for under $50. Mine are New Balance and cost $40. My running shoes are Saucony.
  • syreetahasting
    Options
    My husband is a runner & he went to a store that had him run on a treadmill to see the way he runs & which shoe would be the best for you & they also fitted me w/arch supports inserts which are the best I have a very high arch & I love these inserts, they're pricey, but worth it. We went to a store called Tri-Sports, check to see if you have one in your area..Hope U find what you're looking for