London girl - New fitness ppls needed! Come say hi!

Options
Hey everyone!

So I've done nearly a week on this, loving it so far!!! I have slight health issues what with underactive thyroids so that doesn't help my metabolism! I also experience anxiety and some depression but this has defo been helping so far! Eating enough healthy food, small amounts of exercise every day... I'm finding it fine! How is everyone else finding it and what are they using this app for? Also what motivates you? What helps you? Add me up!! Xxxx Jodie xxxxX

Replies

• wendolinovich
    wendolinovich Posts: 14 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Other ppl doing stuff too definitely helps me, but also posting and lodging workouts help me (I do basically everything on my own).

Mixing it up all the time is key for me though.... And a good mixtape!

Good luck on your journey & have fun!
  • johnd4076
    johnd4076 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Hello...happy to add you
  • Falklang
    Falklang Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Hey and welcome! :smiley: I also have anxiety (agoraphobia) and I agree with you that eating healthier definitely does help. I use this site/app to track calories and my meals mainly and now i'm doing this properly I've started to use the forums :) (I'll see you an add in a second.
  • giosanna
    giosanna Posts: 1 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Hi there and welcome! I lost 22kg in 6 months reducing my calories intake and introducing regular cardio exercise. Diet is 70% when the plan is loosing weight, but exercise helps a lot because will give an extra calories allowance which means you do not feel like you are starving. Moreover, burning calories with cardio exercise will help you loosing weight, make you feel energetic and will improve stamina. I use myfitnesspal to log my food daily, as well as mapmyrun to log my various exercises (not only running but gym sessions as well). However, I am a bit confused with the fitbit app which I have syncronised with the other two (myfitnesspal and mapmyrun) because I suspect there is often a duplication of activities/total of burned out calories. Any advice on this?
  • MarvinsFitLife
    MarvinsFitLife Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    All the best I know you can do this