I definitely have a hard time keeping motivated

Options
I do good for about a week or two then boom back to eating unhealthy ☹️ so any motivational friends are welcome

Replies

• jacqueline0821
    jacqueline0821 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I know the feeling. I usually last 3 days and then I fall off. Today is day 6. It has been helpful having people message me throughout the day and checking in. I am on throughout the day and like to chat.
  • Big_T_89
    Big_T_89 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys!!
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Plan ahead, but take things one day at a time. If you've completely cut out all "unhealthy" things maybe you need to find a way to fit them in a few times a week instead of avoiding completely.
  • Big_T_89
    Options
    That is great advice! Thank you!! :)
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Calling things you like, unhealthy, doesn't make you not want them, it makes you want them more, and when you give in, you give up. Nobody can keep motivated to do good, we want to do enjoyable things too. If you want to eat and live healthily, find ways to balance taste and nutrition, fun and discipline.
  • fuzzy_l0gic
    fuzzy_l0gic Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I’ve been forced to find things that are healthy-ish. For example, I love tacos. So instead of beef/steak tacos, I make chicken tacos. And I swap the flour tortillas I used to use for corn ones. By changing the tortillas I get guilt-free use of cheese.
  • Big_T_89
    Options
    I like it!! Tacos are a weakness
  • DebLaBounty
    DebLaBounty Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I eat healthier but not always the absolute healthiest. I always include foods I actually enjoy. If I need the discipline to eat well the rest of my life, I’m not going to deprive myself. Just incorporate tasty favorite foods into your day when it fits in with your calorie goals.
  • whosshe
    whosshe Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Definitely plan meals/nights/days where you can get your cravings out. I planned one for myself tonight :smile: Going to watch dirk gentley and eat some chips and chocolate :smile: Let yourself have the "unhealthy" food. It's good for your sanity lol or at least it's crucial for mine.