Tips for staying on track while traveling?

Options
Hey everyone, I’m going to California next week and was wondering if anyone had some tips on staying healthy and keeping motivated when I’ll be surrounded by a ton of good food and excuses to not work out.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m still planning on enjoying myself but I want to be smart about it! Thanks in advance!

Replies

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    Think of keeping your portion sizes down. e.g share meals with your OH/friend. Think about the calorie dense foods and keep them to a minimum is what I do.

Its just one week, so enjoy it, keep mindful if you want but regardless, once the trip is over and you get back on track any so called gain will be history.

Enjoy :smile:
  • JuneyCleaves
    JuneyCleaves Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Remember that not every meal out is a treat -- we're used to viewing dinners out as a special occasion, but when you are traveling, you eat out multiple times a day. If you normally have a heavy dinner or "splurge," make sure you have a few lighter meals as well.

And keep moving! I am going to Florida at the end of the month and will be streaming my workouts to my hotel so I still move intentionally every day.

Have fun and enjoy!
  • gina9410
    gina9410 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thank you both!!