Sooooo tired of drinking water

Options
I am SO tired of drinking water. It seems like lately I have to make myself drink it. I have tried using the crystal light packets, but after a while I also get sick of them as well. I love coke, but I have not had one in weeks!! I refuse to drink anything DIET bc its not good for you and even though its a "diet" anything, its still not good for you. Someone please please please help me out or give me some ideas!! Thanks!!

10006816.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• plantgrrl
    plantgrrl Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    CVS flavored fiber waters--I love Cranberry Pomegranate an my husband loves Strawberry Lemonade--and it'll help with your daily fiber intake. :)
  • fastbelly
    fastbelly Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Sorry, can't really help you there, water for me is the best drink in the world and the only thing that will fully satisfy my thirst. I wouldn't trade a glass of water for a bottle of coke any day.
  • jamielise2
    jamielise2 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    For me, I have substituted some of the powerade or vitamin water zeros...but make sure at least HALF is actual water. Try adding a little lemon or lime (juice or slices) to your water. That helps me too.
  • juliapurpletoes
    juliapurpletoes Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Hi - lately I've been brewing peppermint tea and then putting it over ice. Tingly and refreshing, one teaspoon of sugar add 15 cals......

and for me has been a little diuretic. :bigsmile:
  • maryd523
    maryd523 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    My only advice is to just stick with it. Eventually you WILL get used to the water and then you will crave water above everything else and it will cease to be a problem.

I drink plain hot herbal tea when I want something special. Other then that, it's water. And I don't want anything else.
  • greatdragon
    Options
    Moderation is the key have a coke now and then
  • brooke5285
    brooke5285 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thanks! The peppermint tea deal actually sounds tasty and I love peppermint. Where can I find this at?
  • KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Herbal tea??

I generally drink cold green tea all day now rather than plain water. But green tea itself can be boring so I add lemon, lime, or orange juice. Or I'll add random herbal tea bags. I have a few that I absolutely LOVE such as a peach raspberry one and a pomegranate blueberry white tea and such like that.
  • lfcutie
    lfcutie Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    flavored carbonated water is my fav when i need a soda fix! or add lemon to ur water some people i know add cucumber slices
  • brooke5285
    brooke5285 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Well like I said I haven't had one in a while which is good for me bc my hubby would pick me one up everyday after work, he works the night shift. And the last time I had one I couldn't even finish it and I was surprised.
  • cherubcrnp
    cherubcrnp Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Stick with it...you need the water. Try some flavored waters, Sobe water, and G2....your body will thank you for it

Pam
  • krysydawn
    krysydawn Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I like to put lemon slices in it if It gets boring. Oh and mint!! Totally helps!
  • tawny7
    tawny7 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I have a problem drinking only water...it hurts my stomach...even when I drink it slow and lukewarm. I use Crystal Light the Wild Strawberry (energy) flavor...I put half a packet in a 16 oz bottle of water. It's refreshing. But I know some people don't like Crystal Light...just my two cents.
    :smile:
  • av8rblond
    av8rblond Posts: 140
    Options
    Sorry, can't really help you there, water for me is the best drink in the world and the only thing that will fully satisfy my thirst. I wouldn't trade a glass of water for a bottle of coke any day.

Same...I love water..I choose water over everything else as well.
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    I went to a nutritionist some time back she said 1 8oz glass of water for every 25 lbs of body weight is fine.

So no need to force feed water.

I'm with you on the no DIET COKE because of all the horrible chemicals. But that goes for most artificial sweteners. So I'd watch crystal light too. I've heard they've come out with a crystal light natural.

I use TRUE LIME, TRUE LEMON or TRUE ORANGE really just plain juice powdered.... I think now I'll have to go double check the package.
  • theba2il
    theba2il Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    You can make fresh mint tea...green tea or black tea, fresh mint and stevia.
    Good Earth makes a good tea...Sweet and Spicy
  • sharonus
    sharonus Posts: 102
    Options
    I like sparking water (I add some fruit slices to make it fancy). I also find that it's much easier to drink the water I need if I eliminate other drinks (like iced tea even though it has no calories) and spread it out throught the day. If I drink two cups with each meal, and try to get a glass between meals when I think of it, I usually end up over 8 a day.
  • MadDogTannen22
    MadDogTannen22 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I am addicted to regular home made iced tea, with sweetener (not sugar). That counts, right?
  • DavisKaren
    Options
    Since it has been proven to have health benefits try boiling cinnamon sticks for approximately 30 minutes, cool and chill overnight in a ice tea jar. Pour over ice (you can add a sugar subsittute) and enjoy the benefits of success!:flowerforyou:

Karen
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Choke it down. You'll learn to love it.