loosing weight and trying to get pregnant

Options
any other women out there trying to loose weight before or while actively trying to conceive??

Replies

• seriousaboutlife
    seriousaboutlife Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I lost 60 lbs before I got pregnant (that was over 9 years ago lol). I'm sure it made things a lot easier for me.
  • camy_chick
    camy_chick Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    not as of yet............but hoping the "hotter" bod will put the hubby in the mood :D lol. just remember, TALK TO YOUR DOCTOR! make sure if you do get pregnant that everything you are doing food and exercise way is the right way for the baby
  • MsCandyLynn
    Options
    I have PCOS so its sorta a requirement to get pregnant...LOL..so yes im am actively losing weight with the end goal in mind being getting pregnant!!! I personally would like to be in a healthy weight range before i get pregnant however if the lord chooses to blesses during my journey then I will be just as Stoked!!!
  • jamielise2
    jamielise2 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I lost 25lbs before I got pregnant with my daughter 4 years ago. Not sure if that helped or not, but my OB says that for every 10% of body weight you lose (if you're overweight) you increase fertility by 50%. Hope that helps.
  • Onoelly
    Onoelly Posts: 3
    Options
    After our first baby, we tried and tried for over a yr. I finally lost 25 lbs and got pregnant.
  • naesue
    naesue Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    My cycles actually stopped for ten months because of my weight! It wasn't til after I had been on MFP for almost three months that they came back. Our plan now is to try to get me down another 45-50 lbs by the end of the year and then start trying while still keeping up with MFP and still working on weight loss! THere are a lot of women on here that have PCOS and are actively trying to concieve. In fact there is a group on here called Fit for Future Families that is full of women that are actively TTC.
  • lsd007
    lsd007 Posts: 435
    Options
    There is a group on here of women who are ttc. Search for "fit for future families 2011" or something like that.

Good luck!
  • lsd007
    lsd007 Posts: 435
    Options
  • ninyagwa
    ninyagwa Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I was losing to be healthy and yes eventually so that I'd be healthy enough to carry a baby. I am happy to say that after 50 lbs lost (like exactly) I became pregnant! I also have a friend on here who is trying to conceive and is losing weight for that specific reason Chii85 (she added me because she saw in my profile that was one of the reasons I was losing weight I'm sure she'd love another person with the same goals on her list!).

Good luck!
  • JAllen32
    JAllen32 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    Me!!! Yes, I have been trying to get pg for almost 3 years now. Since my hubby and I got married. I got "knocked up" at 17 so all these years later I never thought it would be a problem. Turns out I spent a lot of money on bcp the first 7 years of our relationship for nothing! Lol Im hoping that losing tue weight will help, but we havent had the money to go to the fertiliy dr so we dont have any idea what the problem is. Im glad there are ladies here I can talk with about all this. I didnt even think to ask that here!!
  • Ceciliasalazar
    Options
    My hubby and I have been trying to get pregnant for 5yrs. I've lost 60 lbs so far and still haven't conceived. Feels good to know I'm not alone in this issue:) thank u for sharing.