Holding feet for Situps

I've been doing a situp program three nights a week, and my husband holds my feet for me. He's gone to bed early tonight, though, so what can I use to keep my feet down?!

Replies

• Dabbles
    Dabbles Posts: 367
    Couch? Put feet under edge of it.
  • malmustafa79
    malmustafa79 Posts: 107 Member
    Put them underneath the couch if they will fit:)
  • instead of sit ups try bicycle crunches..will work that lower ab also!!!!
  • pjol79
    pjol79 Posts: 50 Member
    Tuck your feet under the couch. A book shelf with some clearance could work too, or anything else similar really.If all else fails do it without your feet held down. It's good to change it up a little now and then :) Good luck!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,908 Member
    Instead of sit up, do leg raises to target the lower abs.
  • I should really try those! The couch may work! :smile:
  • blnorman29
    blnorman29 Posts: 148 Member
    I'll have to move the coffee table. :laugh: Oh well, I guess I can count that as strength training??
  • dvusk
    dvusk Posts: 21
    Try doing situps without having your feet held down. That will target your abs more. When your feet are held down, it works your hip flexors more.
  • Fleshandlace
    Fleshandlace Posts: 16 Member
    My ffavorite kind of non-assisted sit ups are where you lay on the floor near the edge of the couch/ottoman and put your legs up on top at a 90degree angle. =D
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Reverse Crunches all the way!! These work great and you won't injure your neck doing them this way!

Check out Google for a video if you're unsure of how they're done. Picture pulling your knees up to your abs and holding your abs in tight the whole time ....leave your head and on the floor, no need to move that.

Here's one method, there are variations to this.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVVlXA0dqGg

Browsing again I found this one... ohhh I'm going to try this one out myself tomorrow, never tried this version! :love:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkZJ0GjOwr8&feature=related
  • blnorman29
    blnorman29 Posts: 148 Member
    Thanks for all the suggestions, I ended up using my hand weights to try and give some counter-pressure, I couldn't get my feet under the sofa, it's flat to the floor. Wow, it was really tough going on my own, lemme tell ya. I finished them, but it'll hurt tomorrow I'm sure.