Haven't worked out for 3 weeks- need support

Options
Hello everyone,

I go through rough ups and downs in life. I haven't worked out for 3 weeks and have been neglecting to record my food intake. Yesterday I slipped on the stairs and hurt my leg (great year so far)- I can walk but it hurts and I'm limping a little, so I think it will heal in few days, no biggie. I have a membership for a gym and swimming pool, I also have a yoga mat at home and free weight...
All I need is motivation (which is kind of there) and support. I want to know I'm not alone in this. Anything you write would help.

Thanks.

Replies

• Chibreezr
    Chibreezr Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Oh girl, I'm totally with you on this! It's been months for me and as of 2 days ago I got right back on the diet and exercise train and I so missed it. But I believe in you, you got this! :smile:
    If you need a little motivation you sure are free to add me and we can help each other. New Year, new friends, new you, so they say! But I wish you the best of course and any hardships you had or have are sure to pass really soon. I'm sure of it! Let today be your first step back to a healthy life. And you're most definitely not alone. :smiley:
  • helene4
    helene4 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Hey! I hope your leg is feeling better!

I have a great feeling about this year! I think wonderful things are in store for all of us :)
    Go out and do something active that you like! Maybe try something new! Or get back into an activity you love. (Of course be careful with your leg)

Life is a rare opportunity and gift - seize it!

And who knows what special things and happy moments are in store for you if you get up off the couch or office chair and explore the day :)
  • Chibreezr
    Chibreezr Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Also, you know just start up with arm exercises and working your v ack a bit until your leg is back to its normal self and you will be solid!
  • chellycakes
    chellycakes Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    You can do this! The first step is definitely the hardest. Try the pool? Do something today, and stick with it. Each day is a chance to improve. If you did a walk today that’s one more thing than what you did yesterday.
  • LZMiner
    LZMiner Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Try Yoga with Adrienne! It's on YouTube, free. She has a 30 day challenge called True that just started. Workouts are 30 minutes. It's a great stretch...and it's a flow so it tones and burns calories. Highly recommend as a way to get you back into the habit! Cheers!
  • olive1968
    olive1968 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Ive been struggling to get to the gym as well and the sprained my ankle! So that's great. I'm going to wrap it and go tomorrow and see what I can do. For some reason NOT being able to go is super motivational.
  • azavala78
    azavala78 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    You can do this! It can be tough to stay motivated, I’m sure we have all been there :)