Calculating Nutrition in one scrambled egg

Options
I am not making one scrambled egg but a container full. How many grams is one scrambled egg made with 2% milk and 1 tbsp of butter so I can weigh out the proper amount?

Replies

• glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,598 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit confused. Eggs are all different weights and you don't say how much milk you're using.

Why not weigh out all the ingredients, put them in the recipe builder, then weigh the total amount of scramble. Use that as the number of servings, and you can just log your scrambled eggs by weight and not worry about how much is "one" scrambled egg.

Yup. That's your best bet.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Weigh the egg and butter. Measure the milk. Log the results.
  • Tried30UserNames
    Tried30UserNames Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    A 50 gram egg (a smaller "large" egg) is about 70 calories, although when I weigh my large eggs without shell they range from 50-65 grams.

A tablespoon of butter (14 grams) is 100 calories.

2% milk is about 120 calories per cup. There are 16 T in a cup so about 7 1/2 calories per T. How much milk did you use?

Is the 1T butter for the whole carton of 12 eggs? Then you need to look up the nutrition info for 1/4 tsp butter, or 1/12th of a tablespoon.

You can find this calorie information and other nutrition facts in the food database.
  • mjwarbeck
    mjwarbeck Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    If you must, do it as a quick recipe. I always do this for my breakfast. 1 tortilla, 1/2 cup egg whites, 1 tsp margarine, 28g cheese...my EW sandwhich. If I add anything else I just add it in...

Not too worried id he I am fractionally off...