What to add to yogurt?

Options
So I am struggling with the amount of calories that are in my yogurt and the granola that I had to it. I can’t eat regular yogurt due to an allergy. So I eat a yogurt alternative which is 200 calories for a cup and my granola has 140 calories for a serving. I have cut back to only eating a half a serving of the yogurt.
What do you add to your yogurt to give it a little something extra?

Replies

• jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    I like berries in yogurt.
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin seeks, full of protein/iron/fiber.
    Keeps me full for a while and makes me very regular.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Overnight oats. A little Stevia. Chia seeds overnight. Any frozen fruit overnight.

Keep in mind that anything added also adds calories.
  • jacqueline0821
    jacqueline0821 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    Overnight oats. A little Stevia. Chia seeds overnight. Any frozen fruit overnight.

Keep in mind that anything added also adds calories.
    Thanks! I know anything added with add calories just looking to add less calories and still enjoy it!
  • jacqueline0821
    Options
    socajam wrote: »
    Pumpkin seeks, full of protein/iron/fiber.
    Keeps me full for a while and makes me very regular.

I love pumpkin seeds! Might have to pick some up the next time I’m at the store!
  • jacqueline0821
    Options
    huango wrote: »
    This is my current love/snack:
    - mint chocolate chip frozen yogurt

Makes 1 serving
    - 114g Fage Greek yogurt 0%
    - 1tsp Trader Joe unsweetened cocoa powder
    - 1 packet Truvia
    - 1/2 scoop =15g Optimum Nutrition chocolate protein powder
    - 1-2 drop peppermint extract
    - 30 Lily's dark chocolate chips

26220363_10215590063250590_5903416927404616164_o.jpg?oh=e554b86d6a7ecb4173764e9a19fb31d0&oe=5AFF10C0

That sounds delicious!
  • Tried30UserNames
    Tried30UserNames Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I mostly prefer my yogurt mixed with nothing. I like it on its own. Sometimes I mix some cottage cheese with it if I need more protein.
  • jacqueline0821
    Options
    I mostly prefer my yogurt mixed with nothing. I like it on its own. Sometimes I mix some cottage cheese with it if I need more protein.

With I could, I have a dairy allergy.
  • generallyme2
    generallyme2 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I don't add granola but I will add a tbs of PB. The cals are a little less than your granola.

I really like fruit in my yogurt- mangos and blueberries are my favs to add with a little drizzle of honey.
  • FancyPantsFran
    FancyPantsFran Posts: 3,687 Member
    Options
    I like to add blueberries or chia seeds or maybe sometimes a little honey
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    I like something like special K cereal. Lidl do their own brand with dried berries just to add a bit of crunch. You don't need much either.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I sliced a banana today and blasted it in the microwave for 1.5 minutes. Added 166g of fat free Greek yoghurt and some zero calorie syrup.

• wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    I crumble up Whole Grain Total Cereal and sprinkle that on top - about 110 calories for a full serving, but supposedly, with more nutrition than granola. 1/2 a serving crumbled would be good too!
  • jacqueline0821
    Options
    I like something like special K cereal. Lidl do their own brand with dried berries just to add a bit of crunch. You don't need much either.
    I use to love Special K but can’t eat it anymore with my allergies :(
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    Options
    I find it sweet enough with a banana and berries, and I often ard some nuts. I've stopped adding sweetener. In winter, I use frozen berries heated in the microwave. I like the suggestion of @RuNaRoUnDaFiEld of heating the banana as well. I like granola, but it can be a calorie bomb.
  • jacqueline0821
    Options
    wizzybeth wrote: »
    I crumble up Whole Grain Total Cereal and sprinkle that on top - about 110 calories for a full serving, but supposedly, with more nutrition than granola. 1/2 a serving crumbled would be good too!
    That’s the struggle I’m having is that I can’t have most cereals. Gluten, dairy, and corn allergy. :'(
  • Bob314159
    Bob314159 Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    2 pieces 72% chocolate - broken up and 1/2 cup blueberries
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    My calorie intake doesn't really support granola, even at maintenance I don't like making room for it. I add a little stevia and cocoa powder. Or "0 calorie" flavor drops from myprotein.com.
  • jacqueline0821
    Options
    Bob314159 wrote: »
    2 pieces 72% chocolate - broken up and 1/2 cup blueberries
    That sounds great