May have been discussed before but...

Options
Does anyone else associate weight loss with the feeling of being hungry? or maybe its the feeling of your stomach not being completely full, if that makes sense

I eat a ton of volumist foods/meals and even though Im hitting my goals, I sometimes dont -> feel <- like I am making progress because I am hardly ever hungry.

Just a thought

Replies

• aligazali3497
    aligazali3497 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    It’s because your meeting those macronutrients. I’ve lost 60lbs, at the start I would feel very hungry due to still eating unhealthy options that kept me unsatisfied, however after eating more enriched food such as chicken rice etc I always felt full for like the past 40lbs lost, just have cravings (which I let myself have if I really want and just fit it in the caloric weekly goal)
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    Today when I got up I felt very bloated and expected a gain on the scale and was beyond shocked to see a loss of over 1lb. Lol
  • MarkusDarwath
    MarkusDarwath Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else associate weight loss with the feeling of being hungry? or maybe its the feeling of your stomach not being completely full, if that makes sense

I eat a ton of volumist foods/meals and even though Im hitting my goals, I sometimes dont -> feel <- like I am making progress because I am hardly ever hungry.

Just a thought

Sounds like you are doing it right. I specifically make an effort to hit my goals and -not- feel hungry. If I feel hungry I will eventually give in and eat, usually as an early morning binge. I've only been a few days back on my 20% max net carbs, 30% min protein diet for a few days and so far I'm feeling pretty full on less than 2500 calories per day.
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    I used to, a long time ago. I was proud of myself if my stomach rumbled from hunger because I assumed I was being forced to burn fat. I just didn't really understand how it actually works.
  • pamfgil
    pamfgil Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Generally it takes a few weeks to retrain your stomach/get used to smaller volume. I found that it now takes less volume for me to feel satisfied, and a few weeks after cutting back to three meals a day /no snacking, it takes longer before I feel hungry