Dose apple cider vinegar work?

Options
JJessica78
JJessica78 Posts: 1 Member
Has anyone used apple cider vinegar to lose weight?

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    No.
  • GemstoneofHeart
    GemstoneofHeart Posts: 865 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    For weight loss, no it does absolutely nothing. For salad dressing, yes.

There is a search function that you can type anything in and you can see lots of posts about this or anything else without posting a new topic.
  • vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
    Options
    great for increasing flavor to soups/green smoothies/salads, etc., I actually drink a bit mixed with water and stevia...an acquired taste for sure though lol!
  • notreallychris
    notreallychris Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    As others have posted, it won't do anything for weight loss.

Weight loss requires a calorie deficit. Enter your stats, eat to the goal MFP gives you, and you'll be there before you know it.

There are no shortcuts or magic pills. Good luck!
  • threec
    threec Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Yes it works great in pulled pork, or throw a couple drops of dish soap in a dish of it to catch those annoying little last summer flies that come from nowhere

As a magic weight loss tool ehhhhh no. Though the massive and scary digestive problems you can get by drinking it probably would negate any potential benefits at any rate
  • gdsmit1
    gdsmit1 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I use apple cider vinegar in anything that calls for vinegar. Much better taste. The raw apple cider vinegar also contains probiotics, so there's that.

But as others have pointed out, it will not make you lose weight. And too much can cause problems.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    Raw cider vinegar has some health benefits in regards to probiotics and is also a decent source for some electrolytes...namely potassium. Studies have also shown that there is some benefit to taking ACV before a meal for diabetics to reduce blood sugar levels...but a glass of wine does the same thing. It doesn't do anything for weight loss...weight loss comes down to energy balance...you consume less energy (calories) than your body requires and you have to burn fat (stored energy) to make up for that deficiency...there are no magic pills or short cuts.
  • jacuspator
    jacuspator Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have pcos, so it makes my blood sugar go way out of whack and i am starving all the time. i am starving while i eat and after and before. i can't sleep because i get so hungry it wakes me up. i tried the apple cider vinegar before i eat breakfast and lunch and it amazingly helps me feel not starving. i may feel hungry, but hungry i can manage, starving is a whole other feeling. Because i have a hormone problem and it helps control blood sugar it works for me to satiate my hunger. i don't know about normal people who aren't starving all the time.
  • KelGen02
    KelGen02 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Weight loss, not so much... However some say there are health benefits to it? All I know is it taste amazing on a my salads. ;) Weight loss is simply eating at a deficit. Like someone above said, there are no magic pills to weight loss, if there was we would all be skinny. :p:p Good luck!
  • whosshe
    whosshe Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Use the search function and look into every thing you've ever heard about weight loss. The ONLY thing you need to lose weight is a calorie deficit.

I'm saying use the search function because there is TONS of helpful information on this site that you won't really get anywhere else (or it's really hard to find on the google because of all the fads).

I'm a huge question asker, I'm constantly googling and I've been using the search function religiously and I've learned a lot.
  • augustremulous
    augustremulous Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Not sure what "works" means, but anything that makes it easier to achieve a calorie deficit applies, and that includes all the nuances that are involved with choices and eating behavior.

For example, in the 80's there used to be something called the grapefruit diet - the idea is that after eating a grapefruit there was a vague taste left on your tongue/palette that made someone averse to eating more. It worked for some people, but if you eat more anyway, than no, it doesn't work.

It's possible that eating ACV might make you averse to eating certain foods or more likely to eat healthy foods. For example, if I'm eating ACV it's pretty much always with a salad. I'm not putting vinegar on a bowl of mac and cheese.

Try it out. I think it's delicious, and I prefer it over balsamic vinegar.
  • Ohhhtayyyy
    Ohhhtayyyy Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I tried it it didn’t nothing for me but everyone is different I put it in my tea every morning
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    You can google ACV but all you'll find is bull!
    One can never siphon thru tried and true research or crap. Drink it if you like it but don't count on it to help you lose weight.CICO is your best bet!
  • dcinthesummer
    dcinthesummer Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    My dentist strongly advised is against it. He is a health nut and a cyclist. He told me that apple cider vinegar would not be a good idea to do.