why do i feel so down (TMI AT TIMES)

Options
ok so in myself i feel fine but mentaly i feel like total crap and just feel like im either going to snap or cry at any point at whoever i may be with at the time. i just feel like im in my own little bubble

i had TOM 2weeks ago and then bam its back :angry: that i dont undertand as normally im like clock work.... i missed one pill but that doesnt normaly make any diffrence???

my food has been good and im exersizing everyday (feel even worse if i dont exersize)

i just hope it goes by tomoro as got family bbq with boyfriend aswell :)

Replies

• change_happens
    Options
    ok so in myself i feel fine but mentaly i feel like total crap and just feel like im either going to snap or cry at any point at whoever i may be with at the time. i just feel like im in my own little bubble

i had TOM 2weeks ago and then bam its back :angry: that i dont undertand as normally im like clock work.... i missed one pill but that doesnt normaly make any diffrence???

my food has been good and im exersizing everyday (feel even worse if i dont exersize)

i just hope it goes by tomoro as got family bbq with boyfriend aswell :)

I had the same issue. I don't like that this has happened, as it throws my body completely out of whack. I went online today to see what I could find and the information on Livestrong.com says that your cycle can change... even stop... while restricting calories and exercising.

The site info states: Lifestyle Stress
    Emotional and physical stress can be responsible for a missed menstrual period. Depression and emotional stress, such as bereavement for a loved one or the stress of a new career move, trigger the adrenal glands to produce the hormone called cortisol. High levels of cortisol affect the levels of other hormones, particularly estrogen and progesterone. An increase and a decrease in weight, eating disorders such as anorexia and bulimia, and over exercising, especially in female athletes, are read as stress factors by the body and affect hormone levels, causing a missed menstrual period.

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/112318-causes-missed-menstrual-periods/#ixzz1UER8IenS
    http://www.livestrong.com/article/137739-reasons-missed-period-not-pregnant/

Hope you enjoy your time with fam and friends.
  • ivyjbres
    ivyjbres Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Have you been under more stress recently? That's actually a fairly common response to stress. If you haven't (or if you're under too much stress to cope with yourself) see a doctor.
  • erinkeely4
    erinkeely4 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    If you are on birth control pills, it could be that! When I was taking them I always felt like I was going to burst out in tears.
  • pkv4
    pkv4 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    i was like that when i was on the pill and i wsn't taking it at the same time everyday, or missing a day. i was really depressed, even though i'm normally a fairly steady/cheerful person. i went back to normal straight away once i got off the pill. Don't know if that's helpful, but it's made me cautious about going back on.
  • theflyingartist
    theflyingartist Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I had to drop the pill. I used it for a year, and seriously gave my boyfriend the hardest time ever.
    Not only to him, to myself. I would say try to take Evening Primose Oil as a supplement if you don't want to get off the pill.. at least the supplement will attempt to regulate your hormones a little better than an oral contraceptive.
  • Laura_beau
    Laura_beau Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    This has happened to me many times- and you may not think so but even missing 1 pill can do this. If I accidentally missed one, I would 'come on' a day or so later- along with all the TOM cramps, emotions, bloating etc.....

Most people need to try several different types of pill before they find the right one for them. I've tried probably all of them- and other forms of bc. If you are still feeling like this go see your doctor. It could really be as simple as changing your pill.

And be kind to yourself- we all get like this at times.