I’m disabled & gave up,but I hate how big I’ve

Options
i was on this for ages then I gave it up as I was on Steroids a lot for my Asthma. I’m disabled & in A wheelchair & I can’t exercise. I want to lose some weight & eat healthier as I fill myself up with rubbish!

Replies

• Jingsi84
    Jingsi84 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I’m sorry about all of the difficulties you have had to face. It sounds like you are off the steroids though, so that should make it easier to lose weight. You can still lose weight without exercise as long as you eat the MFP recommended amount of calories. At the same time, however, I have seen people in wheelchairs who work out their upper bodies. So you may want to consider that. As for healthy foods, you can eat whatever you like as long as you are within your calorie goals. Some people find they are more satiated if they eat more protein/fiber though and digesting those takes a little bit extra energy too. I’d recommend first logging everything you eat and taking a week or so to adjust what you are eating to get within your goals. Then once you have locked that down, try nailing your protein then fiber goals. Once you make this a habit, the deficit will add up over time and before you know it you will be at your goal weight.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Good advice already.

I suggest adding some absorbing hobbies to fill your day to replace the snacking habit.