Amazing Race - Winter Resolution challenge

Options

Replies

• RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! Invites have gone out to anyone who had not already requested to join the official Amazing Race challenge group.

Check your notifications! If you don't have one, please message either @samra338 or @RaeBeeBaby.

Thanks! and see you in the race!!
  • shauna30
    shauna30 Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    If you still have space, I'd love to join! I can't add anything to the spreadsheet from my phone but can get on the computer tomorrow or if you could add me, that would be great. I'm Shauna30 and was on team 3 but am open to join any team.
    Thanks for organizing this!
  • penko47
    penko47 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I would also like to join if it is not too late I will be able to add to the spreadsheet once I get off work I usually do about 30-60 min of exercise a day. My name is penko27. This looks like a lot of fun
  • Ladydi1989
    Ladydi1989 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Sounds fun! Thanks for sharing!
  • lynnjano
    lynnjano Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    @samra338 Thank you for your response. Awaiting anxiously... Really would like to participate. How will I know?
  • Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    Options
    @samra338 I would like to join if it's not too late. I was on a team for the Fall Amazing Race, but I can't remember which team. I will go where ever you can fit me.
  • Grandmaelf2008
    Grandmaelf2008 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Can’t wait for things to calm down at work and get this challenge going
  • Cindyk4919
    Cindyk4919 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I’m hopelessly confused. The link keeps taking me to the signup sheet and I can’t find the link for my team ??
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    Cindyk4919 wrote: »
    I’m hopelessly confused. The link keeps taking me to the signup sheet and I can’t find the link for my team ??

@Cindyk4919 go here to the group page
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/124281-amazing-race-winter-resolution
    Then if you haven't joined already you can do so, then scroll to the bottom of the page for the team discussions. You are on team 3.

• Cindyk4919
    Cindyk4919 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Cindyk4919 wrote: »

@Cindyk4919 go here to the group page
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/124281-amazing-race-winter-resolution
    Then if you haven't joined already you can do so, then scroll to the bottom of the page for the team discussions. You are on team 3.
    My problem was not realizing that I had a little button in the upper right corner labeled (JOIN)

• annettedm55
    annettedm55 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Please forgive me but I don’t see a link or discussion named “sign up sheet.” Can you paste the link here?
  • annettedm55
    annettedm55 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I found it but I could only write my name under waiting list. When would I know if I am accepted or not?
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,015 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I found it but I could only write my name under waiting list. When would I know if I am accepted or not?

Right now the teams are capped at 20 per team (and we have 5 full teams). If someone drops out of the race, you may be added depending on your position on the wait list. It's good to 'play along' even if you are wait listed because you will be ready to join a team if/when a position becomes available. Every race there are people that drop out for a variety of reasons, so there is a good chance that you will eventually be able to be placed on a team (but it depends on the drop out rate how fast that might be).

Today, final check-ins are being done by the team captains for the start of the race to ensure all the team members are at the start line as the race officially starts on Monday.
  • samra338
    samra338 Posts: 2,622 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Please sign up here
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KR0l_Zn-j5zxqrM1nWk10rc6qmubITOZzqKEUjpwiow/edit?usp=drivesdk

and request to join the group here

We are already filling up places from the waiting list. All those wait listed have their own discussion thread and spreadsheet and can participate in the race, starting on Monday.

@Ladydi1989 @Joanna2012B @maddienicole104
  • llward5
    llward5 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I just requested to join group and signed up on spreadsheet. Will definitely play along on the waitlist! Love the Amazing race challenge!
  • sandkp
    sandkp Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I have been doing most of this from my phone and not sure I am doing it all right. I requested to join the group on the 8th when I got back on MFP and saw my former team mates posts that it was starting. I just today found a link for the spreadsheet that worked (from the computer not phone) so added myself to the waitlist. I know I am behind but really hoping that I can be added and try to catch up to the group for week 1. Do I need to re-request to join the group after I have added my name to spreadsheet or will my invitation now go through? Thanks in advance for all the help to get this late starter back into an activity that helped keep her on track and motivated.
  • samra338
    samra338 Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    @sandkp We can't see your request to join the group. I will send you an invite now.
  • sandkp
    sandkp Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    samra338 wrote: »
    @sandkp We can't see your request to join the group. I will send you an invite now.

Thanks so much! I am in and excited to start reading and catching up. Sorry that it was such a mess getting me in and started!
  • lbenson2006
    lbenson2006 Posts: 3,372 Member
    Options
    The Race is about halfway through but you can still sign up on the waitlist. Every week we are pulling from the waitlist for replacement players. I'm hoping this is the correct info for signing up still. This is one of the best challenges on MFP, in my opinion!! B)
    samra338 wrote: »
    Please sign up here
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KR0l_Zn-j5zxqrM1nWk10rc6qmubITOZzqKEUjpwiow/edit?usp=drivesdk

and request to join the group here

We are already filling up places from the waiting list. All those wait listed have their own discussion thread and spreadsheet and can participate in the race, starting on Monday.