Advice...

Options
I have a cold and cant decide if I should go to zumba this morning or recuperate?

I was feeling better yesterday and went gym and now feel worse today, but i do love zumba!

what do to??

oh and I also intend on doing a 5 day gym marathon on monday so need to be completely fit for that!

Replies

• NikkisNewStart
    NikkisNewStart Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Personally, I would stay home and rest. Rest is also very important to your fitness goals.
  • stephski07
    Options
    I agree, i think you should rest and be completely fit before you return. It could make you worse and take longer to recover!

Get Well Soon.xx.
  • lcarter25
    lcarter25 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys xx
  • tattereds
    tattereds Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    My PT is adamant that I should not do any exercise that will up my heart rate when I feel sick - she says heart rate soars a lot more when you aren't feeling well, and making it work so hard can be counteractive in the end. She also told me once that depending on what type of illness it is, this stress on your system can cause it to "shut down" and require more rest than it would have initially if I had just had one day off... She has so many rules hahaha.

Feel better soon!
  • lcarter25
    lcarter25 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    My PT is adamant that I should not do any exercise that will up my heart rate when I feel sick - she says heart rate soars a lot more when you aren't feeling well, and making it work so hard can be counteractive in the end. She also told me once that depending on what type of illness it is, this stress on your system can cause it to "shut down" and require more rest than it would have initially if I had just had one day off... She has so many rules hahaha.

Feel better soon!

oh wow, i have heard something similar and it makes sense

thanks hun x
  • DulceDollie
    Options
    I've heard that any sickness from the chest up is fine to work out with, but chest down is a no-go. I find a lot of the time that I feel better after working out when I've been a little sick. But if you haven't had a day off in awhile, and it's a BAD cold, you should definitely sit this one out. Feel better!