NEW TO THIS HELP ! LOL

Options
Just started this today and need to lose a bout 3.5 stones for health and confidence ! Small steps at a time and i will be happy ...any tips for me ? :)

Replies

• Doglady72
    Options
    Hi, Just take it as you said one step at a time, the weight came on slow, So sorry to tell you this but it will go off slow a;so. I found that this webb sight is good and very healthful in helping see not only how much you eat, how many calories are in the food that you have eaten. LOL It really open my eyes, that little donut is not very big, but wow the calories it has.

You can add me a friend if you like. I have about 30 lbs I would like to loose.

Doglady72 ( aka Gayle)
  • ayshamc
    ayshamc Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    It really open my eyes, that little donut is not very big, but wow the calories it has.

Gayle has pretty much summed it up for me too! I didn't realise that some of the things that I was eating were so high in Calories. I had never counted Calories before oining MFP, but it has really openend my eyes aswell - makes me more conscious of what I eat and what I choose and how I even plan my day - depending on what i'm doing.

Feel free to add me as a friend too :smile:
  • TAFFYSHOPPER
    Options
    Thankyou x
  • stephski07
    Options
    Hi,

I had 3.5 stone to lose too, we've only been doing this for 2 weeks and i've lost 8lbs so far. My goal is 126lbs (9 stone, pre-baby weight. 4 yrs ago). Makes a huge difference.

Good Luck!
  • Tinks2007
    Tinks2007 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Think this site is the best for making you more conscious of what your actually eating, as we all think oh thats fine its only small but like you say can be loaded with calories, sometimes just substituting things is a big start, sometimes wont like what you log especially if you eat it before realising just how many calories are in it, but MFP certainly helps you focus more and be a bit more determined as you see everything you eat so just be honest, eat healthy when you can, try not worry to much when you dont and try to excercise :)
  • OMPughy
    OMPughy Posts: 1
    Options
    Yes. I've been doing this for just over a month, haven't lost much weight yet but people have started remarking that I look as though I have! What it's brought home to me is how much I snack between meals, so I've had to learn to be a bit hungry at times and, cut down on the drinking, and do some exercise. I'm not really into dieting as such but go swimming or cycling or whatever for an hour or so and you can earn yourself hundreds of calories. And, finally, don't lie to the app! :-)