A challenge lies ahead.. HOTEL BREAKFASTS!! Feeling a lil bi

Options
I am accompanying my boyfriend on a work trip to Birmingham on Tuesday and we will be staying in a hotel for 4 days. Usually, one of the things I love about staying in hotels is breakfast, but not this time. Breakfast could be my diet-downfall! I have found out that the hotel we are staying at has an 'all you can eat' breakfast buffet and I'm worried that I may get carried away and eat mindlessly and compulsively.

Any suggestions/advice about what to do would be so welcome.

Argh, temptation is a bugger!

Replies

• CavewomanCoby
    CavewomanCoby Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    This is EPIC FAIL. I travel a lot for work and I have the same problem.

This totally depends on your diet and what sort of guidelines you stick within - but for me hotel breakfasts consists of poached eggs and salmon, maybe some bacon (trim the icky fatty bits) and a big bowl of fruit to finish it off. And LOTS of coffee :D

Good luck!
  • moushtie
    moushtie Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Personally, when I was away, I just factored it into my day. Define what is a breakfast for you, this much bacon, or egg, or whatever. Addi t into your diary, see what you can take. On holiday I tend to eat a big breakfast and don't rely on having lunch. Get out during t he day and walk it all off :)
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I always have a yoghurt and some fruit if they have it when we stay in hotels. It feels like a waste when it's all included, but there's no point in eating more than you need.
  • stephski07
    Options
    Hi,

If they have continental that would be ok for fruit and wholemeal toast? Could you plan your day in advance so you might be able to include a sausage or a little bacon? How long have you been doing this? I find i dont even fancy sausages etc, i hate the greasy taste and those extra few calories aren't even worth it (for me).Good Luck.xx
  • Jeneba
    Jeneba Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I NEVER eat those hotel breakfast any more!!!! Faaaaaarrrrrr too dangerous! So here's what I have been doing now for about 5 yrs: got myself one of those immersion water boilers from a camping store. I bring a travel mug for tea & a small plastic cereal bowl & spoon. I bring packets of oatmeal, almond or soy milk, dates or raisins, & tea bags. While I am stretching & doing abs, I boil the water in the travel mug. When it's boiled, I pour some of it into the bowl with the oatmeal & use the rest for the tea. Et voila! Ready to roll without dangerous breakfast! If you have to join people in the didning room, you can just have some coffee & some fruit..... :flowerforyou:
  • 125isthedream8D
    Options
    before you go down to eat drink 2 full glasses of water. You'll still want to eat, but you definatly won't want as much with the water in your belly too.(:
  • Natasha7t2
    Natasha7t2 Posts: 129
    Options
    Thanks all for your fantastic advice so far!

You have all helped to focus my mind which, I have found out since joining MFP, is the key to my weight-loss success.

I will be combining all your tips. stephski07, you are so right about the GREASY taste of hotel sausages! UGH!! That has actually put me off now, and before I would have wanted to eat 2 or even 3!!

Great idea about drinking water first thing. Yoghurt and fruit is a great idea too. Bringing my own stuff is also a good idea, however, what I think I will do is just MISS OUT the hotel breakfast altogether. Breakfast is usually served until 10am so I'll make sure I distract myself until 10am or even go out early and grab myself a banana and apple from the dining room on my way out.

By the way, my boyfriend has just told me the hotel has a spa, a gym and a pool!!! This is VERY good news!!

Thanks guys. Your feedback has really inspired me :drinker: :flowerforyou: xxx
  • Jeneba
    Jeneba Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Happy for you! Now go & have a GREAT TIME!!!
  • Natasha7t2
    Natasha7t2 Posts: 129
    Options
    Happy for you! Now go & have a GREAT TIME!!!

Thank you sweetie! :flowerforyou: