best low calorie snacks?

Options
What are the best low calorie snacks, that are easily carried to work? Of course i know fruits are a go to for me, and sometimes popcorn, but what else?

Replies

• ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    In the ~100ish calorie range:
    Yogurt, cottage cheese. Both are high in protein. (I have seen cottage cheese in snack-size packages, but only 1-2 brands, so otherwise would need to pick a container you don't mind transporting/won't leak).
    Or 1/2 a food bar (fairly high in protein and fiber for a snack)(Special K, Clif, etc.).
  • SaraB_82
    SaraB_82 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I really like Special K cracker chips with some Laughing Cow cheese. Otherwise I stick to fruits and stuff like baby carrots and snap peas. Maybe with a little hummus if I'm feeling fancy.
  • sdolan91
    sdolan91 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    halo top ice cream if you have a freezer.
    protein bars.
    i really like the quest cereal bars.
  • YOLO145
    YOLO145 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan of string cheese, Think Thin bar, edamame...
  • krael65
    krael65 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Hard boiled eggs.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Tootsie pops, sugar free pudding, Quakes caramel corn or chili flavor, hot chocolate.
  • murp4069
    murp4069 Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    It depends on what kind of calorie count you are looking for. For about 100 calories or less - String cheese. Carrots and hummus/feta dip/ranch/Laughing Cow cheese. Hard boiled eggs. For 100-150 - Toufayan pita chips with salsa or hummus. For 150-200 - I like whole milk yogurt, but lower fat yogurt tends to be closer to 100 calories.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Easiest and lowest calorie is no snacking, but anything you like to eat while sticking to your calorie target, is the best snack for you.
  • suerlewis2
    suerlewis2 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Rice cakes, topped with 19cal Laughing Cow and cucumber slices. Don't spread the cheese until you are ready to eat - it will turn the rice cakes into chewy cardboard.
  • katnadreau
    katnadreau Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I really like grabbing the 100 calorie packages of almonds, problem is they are almost always 1 almond over the 17.5 grams listed as a serving size, so if you're a stickler like me and don't have a scale handy I'll either adjust the serving size to account for it or (more likely) give one of my kids the (likely) extra almond :)
  • vanmep
    vanmep Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    My go-tos are:

Cheese Nips crackers and laughing cow cheese lite 140 cals
    Revello Ice Cream bar 110 cals
    1/2 cup greek yogurt with 1/2 cup frozen fruit and 2 tsp of sugar 125 cals
    2 large sour keys 150 cals
    2 black licorice pipes 100 cals

• MossiO
    MossiO Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Costco sells packs of 90 calorie bags of beef jerky.
  • passenger79
    passenger79 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Hartley 10 cal jelly ,sometimes I make it and mix with Alpro yogurt to make a low calorie mousse.
    Pb2 and apple slices or rice cakes.
    Fibre one bars.
    Aeoro chocolate mousse 90 cal I put in the freezer and it's like chocolate ice cream.
    I tried Halo top for the first time last night (I'm in UK) had high hopes for this one bit had some weird reaction when my throat closed and started burning so skipping that one lol.
    Boiled eggs.
    Carrots and hoummus .
    Beef jerky