Bettering myself

Options
Just got back on.... ready to better myself. Any tips would be helpful.

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Eat less - move more
  • d_pink88
    d_pink88 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Yes I have been eating less and been going by what calorie intake I have to work with, moving more is a challenge with my work schedule on my days off I sleep I know it's not what I should be doing
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Yes I have been eating less and been going by what calorie intake I have to work with, moving more is a challenge with my work schedule on my days off I sleep I know it's not what I should be doing

Can you take a walk at lunch time? If not park farther away, take the stairs, do bathroom squats or stall (wall) pushups.
  • d_pink88
    Options
    I do walk around most of my 12 1/2 hour shift and that includes walking stairs every half hour as far as a break goes we have a limited amount of time and we have to stay on the property.
    I haven't done squats during shift that, I believe I can make that work somewhere during shift ☺
  • aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    Options
    sq9k6jbie9lu.jpg

This is a super handy, quick guide that you may find useful.

Good luck in your process!
  • d_pink88
    Options
    Thank yall
  • Barfly57
    Barfly57 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Eating within your calorie allowance is all that is necessary for weight loss; exercise is for fitness (but it feels great). Is there 30 minutes in the day you can spare to work out?
  • janelleginnetto
    janelleginnetto Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    My advice is moderation. Don't remove anything from your daily routine just modify it. You like cake? Eat it once in a while. You like to exercise, add 15 minutes a month until you're satisfied! Good luck!
  • Koidudu
    Koidudu Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I agree, moderation and finding the things you enjoy are very helpful for me.
    Find tasty, healthy food.
    Don't beat yourself up for the occasional indulgence.
    Be proud of your goals and of your progress!
    Find exercise that is fun cos you'll want to do it, even after a rough day.
    Also, find a good play list for exercising. (Personally, I love Latin workout music)