A Jillian Michaels New Year

Options
Hi guys!

I just wanted to share this awesome thing that happened the other day and to go over some plans I have for the new year. I walked into the dollar store the other day and they had a whole collection of Jillian Michaels workouts on sale, so I got 9 of her DVDS for $1 each. I now own 12 of her workouts all together. I'm so excited! I was originally planning to invest in some Beachbody stuff but that's a little out of my budget right now.

With the new year coming up, becoming newly single (& having a slightly broken heart) I have plans to jump back into a fitness routine. I gained quite a bit of weight over the last 2 years and it's time to focus again. I've done her 30 Day Shred off and on before. But I'm thinking of starting over with the Beginner Shred and switching between all the other DVDs so that I don't get bored. Has any one else done this? Any favorite DVDs you guys want to mention/share results from? I'm currently job hunting, just started grad school, and plan to move in the future so this year is all about loving myself, reaching my goals, and being the best me I can be. I also wanted to get some extra motivation from my fellow MFP users. Looking forward to this fresh start.

Happy New Year to you all!!!

Replies

• mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    I like her videos.. i never did shred. i did ripped in 30.. i have her kick boxing dvd, killer buns and theighs and i forget what else.
  • Niki_Fitz
    Niki_Fitz Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    I’m a big fan of JMs videos. They got me to pick up weights at home for the first time. I mostly did Ripped in 30. I’ve moved on for now, but I’ll still use one of her workouts now and then for a good burn at home. Her style is so motivating. Enjoy!
  • lishaagnew
    lishaagnew Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    30 day shred is my GO TO for home work outs. I have her Yoga dvd too. I do the 30 day with 5lbs and 8lbs. Sometimes put my own music on over the dvd since I have it for about 5 years now :wink:
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    My dollar store - Dollar Tree still had a full bin yesterday.

These were the titles...........

Ripped in 30

Hard Body

Hard Body Healthy Mommy

Killer Arms & Back

Killer Body

Killer Cardio

10 Minute Body Transformation 1 & 2

Beginner Shred
  • jlynn1991
    jlynn1991 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Adding you! I’m on a JM kick right now. She is bringing me to goal weight. 20 minutes a day and serious results. I’d love to have a friend on here doing JM too!
  • lizzzie7777
    lizzzie7777 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Omg I am starting a little mix-up of JM DVDs would love to have some mfp friends to keep each other motivated? Can I add you? :smile:
  • AshBandicoot_
    AshBandicoot_ Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    TeaBea wrote: »
    My dollar store - Dollar Tree still had a full bin yesterday.

These were the titles...........

Ripped in 30

Hard Body

Hard Body Healthy Mommy

Killer Arms & Back

Killer Body

Killer Cardio

10 Minute Body Transformation 1 & 2

Beginner Shred

I bought all of those except the mommy DVD. I'm currently having tailbone problems so I've gotta put my workouts on hold but I can't wait to start up again.
  • AshBandicoot_
    AshBandicoot_ Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    jlynn1991 wrote: »
    Adding you! I’m on a JM kick right now. She is bringing me to goal weight. 20 minutes a day and serious results. I’d love to have a friend on here doing JM too!

Yes ma'am! I'm happy to start over with her again!
  • mamashakesit
    mamashakesit Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I had just bought Killer Arms, Killer Buns, and Ripped in 30 for nearly $10 each on Amazon. Grrrr. But I did pick up some of her others at the Dollar Tree yesterday. Even at $10, they're a lot better investments than the cigs I used to smoke.

I actually just finished doing 30 Day Shred, 6 Week 6 Pack, and No More Trouble Zones in rotation. I mixed up all the levels. When I got tired of one, I'd start on the next, do a few days of that one, then perhaps went back to Level One or rotated to another workout every day. But I made sure to do 10 of each level of 30DS, 15 of each level of 6W6P, and then 15 full NMTZ workouts. I made myself a log to check off for each level/day =) I liked this for a couple of reasons:

1. There were moves in earlier levels that were difficult, but after a few days of the more advanced levels, I found those exercises were much easier when I went back
    2. It was fun to see how I could challenge myself on those "easier" levels by going to a heavier weight, or advancing to the advanced version. Once I can do the first circuits of NMTZ and 30 Day Shred with my 8 lbs weights and the push ups all the way through without dropping to my knees, it will be "too easy."
    3. There were days I felt like I just wasn't up to a certain workout (like the day after the flu or during the first couple of days of the cold that followed), so it was nice to have some options. I didn't pick Level 2 of 6W6P on those days, for sure!

I'm happy with my results; I'm really glad I did a core workout. It was a pure fluke that I chose one for my first real attempt at exercising, but it did amazing things for my posture and balance and I feel fabulous. SW6P Level 2 also gave me an incredible leg workout, which is sure to help me on the round of workouts that I started yesterday: Killer Arms and Back, Killer Buns and Thighs, Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism, Ripped in 30, and No More Trouble Zones (again, because it's my favorite).
  • Katie_Y89
    Katie_Y89 Posts: 330 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Huge Jillian fan here :)

Last year I started with her 30 Day shred and lost almost 10 lbs! Moved on to ripped in 30, then body revolution.
    Her dvds are great!
    Just found a few I didn't have at dollar tree!!
    But I reccomend 30 Day shred of you haven't tried it!! It can get boring since it's the same workout 10 days in a row then switch BUT it's all worth it!

Anyone feel free to add me :)
  • Kuvee
    Kuvee Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I also found them at my local Dollar Tree and starting this afternoon with the Beginner Shred. May I add you as a workout buddy?
  • Aplant77
    Aplant77 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! I love Jillian! I have most of her videos and cycle through them so I don't get bored. I thought beginner shred was great - you'll like it! My favorites right now are Blast Fat, Boost Metabolism and Shred it With Weights.
  • gtdattitude
    gtdattitude Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I've done a few JM workouts. Tough and quick, that's why I like them. Feel free to add me! I will be heading to the dollar tree on my lunch break today because some of those I don't own!!