Tough Year, Ready for a Fresh Start!

Hello all! My name is Shannon and while I am not new to MFP, this is the first time I have started interacting with the community. I am a 33-year-old doctoral student just about to enter my comprehensive exams and dissertation. I am hoping that through diet and exercise, I can find some balance in these stressful times! I also suffer from the autoimmune disorder rheumatoid arthritis. My first symptom started in the summer of 2015 and I was finally diagnosed in the summer of 2017. It has been quite a change in terms of learning about what my body can and cannot do, how to deal with flare-ups, and, of course, dealing with the medications, including the dreaded weight-inducing prednisone. Nevertheless, I am determined to stay healthy and motivated!

I would also love to meet more friends here to help with accountability and motivation. Please feel free to add me!

Also, I have created a new rheumatoid arthritis group, in hopes of connecting with other RA MFP users.

Cheers!

Replies

• himi86
    himi86 Posts: 44 Member
    Hi. Sounds like you’ve had a rough time but still going strong. I’m always looking for supportive friends. Sent a request and good luck in school.
  • runwyo
    runwyo Posts: 5 Member
    ccase003 wrote: »
    Hi. Sounds like you’ve had a rough time but still going strong. I’m always looking for supportive friends. Sent a request and good luck in school.

I look forward to following your journey as well! Thank you for the add! :)