Cutting out man made sugar

Options
bramos1990
bramos1990 Posts: 5 Member
Hello there. I would love to start a challenge of cutting back on sugar and possibly try consuming only 30g a day (fruit, dairy, carbs) from man made sugars. If anyone wants to join me let me know

Replies

• becomingbeautifultoday
    Options
    Hey. I'm a little confused, it looks like you're referring to fruit, dairy, and carbs as man made sugars? These are naturally occurring sugars. Things like chocolate, soft drink, and granola bars have man made sugar.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Are you trying to cut added sugars or to go low carb (under 30 g carbs, including fruit and dairy)?

I'm currently avoiding added sugar (other than small amounts), although it's not something I intend to do permanent, just getting back in the habit since I was having too much around the holidays (and stress eating).
  • reactivefuzz
    reactivefuzz Posts: 18 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I cut out candies, chocolate, sodas, etc on 12-24. It has inspired me to drink more water, not eat more fruit. I won't turn down an apple or the occasional bread roll if it's offered! I'll check back and share my struggles if/when I have them, though.

Edit: I have only consumed 33g of sugar since I started logging on the 4th, although I must admit that I quick added several items that totalled 610 calories one day. I think it was a burger and an unsweetened tea.
  • reactivefuzz
    reactivefuzz Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have only consumed 33g of sugar since I started logging on the 4th

I think that's actually a daily average...