What’s your favorite podcasts?

Options
Since I just got “google home” this Christmas, Im exploring the “podcast life.” I’m new to listening to podcasts and looking for some direction on which podcasts are great to listen to in the area of health and nutrition. Thoughts?

Replies

• mintsik
    mintsik Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I find Ben Coomber's podcasts very good and informative. Also, he covers a wide variety of topics from weight loss, strength training, nutrition, mental health & fitness, etc :smile:
  • tuxlife4me
    tuxlife4me Posts: 5 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Shawn Stevenson's "The Model Health Show" is a great podcast. I've been listening to it everyday going to work for 2 years. Great guests, informative content and a bit of humor.
  • reddeament
    reddeament Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I used to listen to fat burning man and really enjoyed that
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Shredded by Science
    The Man who Lost 200 Pounds
  • joelchmielak1
    joelchmielak1 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I like food in session.
  • NatsFinalJourney
    NatsFinalJourney Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Half Size Me
  • lindsayking3485
    lindsayking3485 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I like Barbell Shrugged and the Ben Greenfield Fitness Podcast. They’re more focused on the science of fitness.
  • Enjcg5
    Enjcg5 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Thanks. Lots of options
  • Live_life_well
    Live_life_well Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    My favourites - This American Life, Planet Money, Bloomberg Surveillance, The Daily, NPR Politics. Serial is also a good one.

How did you ever manage to live without podcasts? I shifted from listening to music to podcasts in 2006.
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    Options
    Ditto on Planet Money and also Preet Bharara's Stay Tuned.
  • Enjcg5
    Options
    My favourites - This American Life, Planet Money, Bloomberg Surveillance, The Daily, NPR Politics. Serial is also a good one.

How did you ever manage to live without podcasts? I shifted from listening to music to podcasts in 2006.
    I’m a big reader. And music. Books and music!
  • Hamsibian
    Hamsibian Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    Not health/fitness, but I love Lore! And 15 Minute History gets me through my warm-up on the treadmill. :D
  • Enjcg5
    Options
    I’ve subscribed to a few! Give me more!
  • raspuller
    raspuller Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Rich Roll - lonnnng podcasts but really great guests usually; health and fitness, entrepreneurs, thought leaders, etc.
    Barbell Shrugged - fitness
    Shawn Croxtom Quote of the Day - motivational, short (10-15 minutes)
    The Moth Story Hour - stage story- telling performances
    TED radio Hour - science, technology, all kinds of Interesting topics
  • dmg276
    dmg276 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I love Radio Lab and Stuff you should Know!
  • mimimunchery
    mimimunchery Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Gastropod - it’s about the science and history of food. Also freakanomics
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,080 Member
    Options
    Anything by Lyle McDonald...
  • gcassells
    gcassells Posts: 13 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I listen to so many podcasts! For health/weight loss I really like Rich Roll, Half Size Me, Shortcut to Slim (Lindsey Nixon), Flex your heart radio and Rise and Resist (now finished), and Foodist. I also like the Hilarious World of Depression. I used to listen to barbell shrugged, the Model Health Show and Ben Greenfield Fitness but went off them. I dip in and out of the CrossFit podcast and love a couple of Yoga ones (unrolled and J Brown Yoga talks, ashtanga dispatch). I also like Ultra Runner Podcast although I’m not an ultra runner!

Real talk radio with Nicole Antoinette also often has a health/wellness slant as well as being a completely amazing podcast generally.