New kid in town

Options
Hya everybody, I'm new - I'm a recent Zumba Fitness addict (the xbox game) I also play Just Dance 2 on the Wii, and WiiFit now and again, along with powerwalking.

I joined up because I was wondering why I am not losing weight even though I exercise quite a bit, and I just had a little go of the calorie counter and realised why! I consume far too many fattening drinks, like iced coffee and fizzy drinks, too much bread and hardly any fruit. I drink a tonne of water aswell as the above naughty drinks.

So I was alarmed to see I was well over my calories for the day and seeing it on the screen what I've eaten/drank today made me think 'oh dear' I eat a lot of crap.

So here I am..... hoping to improve my diet but not necessarily go on a diet, more of a lifestyle change and hoping to get inspired and motivated along the way.

Replies

• missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    hi welcome and gd luck:smile:
  • cuteek
    cuteek Posts: 33
    Options
    Hi thanks. This site looks fab so far!
  • cuteek
    Options
    Agh, I've been ill with kidney stones, put weight on and feel like I've gone backwards. Been building back up to poerwalks and zumba kinect - here we go again.
  • IslandGirl072906
    IslandGirl072906 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Welcome!:smile:
  • cuteek
    Options
    Thanks!
    I'll just keep all my updates in here, so please feel free to comment and give me tips/suggestions:

So for the last 5 days I've been working out on Zumba Fitness, I started off with 20 minute workouts and realised I could do more so as the days have gone on I've gone a little bit longer/increased the difficulty each time.

Today is Saturday and I'm having the day off from it to let me body rest a little, then tomorrow I will be back into it. Also played Your Shape Fitness Evolved, on Boxing Cardio, which really did my thighs and I could really feel muscle pain the next day, but that's gone now.

I haven't seen any weightloss, which I think it's too early anyway after only 5 days, but I have noticed my upper part of my waist has toned up and my stomach is flatter. I've also been eating healthier, not as much chocolate/fizzy drinks and so on, more fruit.

I drink a LOT of water anyway because of kidney stones, but almost a litre of that is being drank while I work out. Hoping to see a difference in weighloss on Monday weigh-in as that will have been a week since I started.

My main goal is to fit into a pair of jeans I really like, so I've also been trying them on they get over my bum and hips although very tight and do not come close to fastening lol so here's to the jeans.
  • jpenneyweightloss
    Options
    Yeah 5 days is WAY too early. Focus on something else - set a goal for how many workouts and how long they are, don't pay such close attention to your weight. It will actually go up as you build muscle, as will your measurements slightly then you'll start to lose it as your muscles build up and start burning your fat off. I always give myself a month after starting a 3-day-per-week, 1-hour-per-workout regime before I expect any weight loss. I usually weigh myself once a week but I don't start expecting losses until after that month is up. It also helps build the discipline to just do the work without expecting to get rewarded every day.

Nice job noticing the sugary stuff and getting rid of it, those foods can be addictive as heck and it's not always easy to drop them. I hope you do well, just keep at the exercise and moderate your diet and in a month or so you'll being doing great.
  • cuteek
    Options
    Hi there, thanks for replying - I use RunKeeper, to track my fitness and noticed I did play last month but not with the focus that I have now, so it was on and off. With Zumba on the xbox, you get badges/achievements for reaching certain goals within the game, so that's been a good focus for me this week.

Thanks for your advice on not looking at my weight too closely yet, it's hard at first I think, because I know I've worked hard in the workout and expect to see something, a result anything. I will give myself time, I have a mini goal in mind anyway for the 1st of September just to feel better/healthier.

I'm building up to an hour workout, just didn't want to overdo it at first, get sore muscles and not feel like working out again because I know what I'm like lol. I'm doing 45 minutes on Sunday after today's rest so I look forward to that.

Plus I joined in with the zumba Fitness Challenge:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/288886-zumba-fitness-challenge-round-2
  • cuteek
    Options
    Done a couple hour long Zumbathons on the kinect, noticed some weight coming off since I bumped up to an hour of exercise.