Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Hello, new to fitness pal looking for friends with the same goal, loosing 25-30kg

Deiiru90
Deiiru90 Posts: 4 Member
edited January 2018 in Introduce Yourself
Looking for friends who are looking for rapid weightloss.. sharing tips goals and so on.

I was 79kg one year ago and now I've got to 106kg.. I need to get rid of this as soon as possible.. so looking for friends to share the experience with... And exchange ideas ..... :) Peace people. Also I'm on the Huel diet

Replies

• angeliqueboucher
    angeliqueboucher Posts: 3 Member
    You got this!
  • Deiiru90
    Nice one mate ! Currently on my 3rd week of an all huel diet! Doing well. My job requires me to be active 9 hours a day and I walk too and from work so I'm getting there. I'd love to loose it in 3 months of possible . Any ideas?
  • Hey! Ya, I am in the same boat. I gained about 60-70Lbs (30kg) the last few years by simply not caring and eating whatever and not doing much. I have dropped about half of that in 2 months. You can totally lose that in 3 months, you just have to really limit calories and carbs.

Also try intermittent fasting. Don't have any food past 7pm and then don't eat your first meal until after 11am. By going this long without eating food, your body burns its fat reserves. If you REALLY want to shred fat, also go for a run BEFORE breakfast. Your body will use fat for energy. I lost 7 Lbs. a week when I did this! So that would roughly translate to 13 Kg a month.

It's not easy, but if you want results as fast as you do - easy won't be an option.
  • Deiiru90
    Legend buddy! Thank you so much! I'll be on this tomorrow morning as soon as I wake up :) ... Really insightful! One question though is it safe to loose that much that fast? I've done it before... From 2015 November to Feb 2016 I lost a lot! And then gained it all back after getting with my Mrs and being a lazy bugger lol :).. just worried if I loose it that way it will fall back on me asap . Thank you for a great response !
  • It's ok to lose weight that fast if your losing fat. Where you can get into trouble is if you start burning muscle and stuff, but that probably won't happen if you gained the weight super rapidly. As long as your getting at least 1,500 calories a day, you should be fine. Just make sure you have at least 1 gram of protein for half your body weight every day (which isn't that hard at all if you're on a high protein and veggies diet)

You will probably drop a ton of water weight the first 2 weeks but it will slow down. Plus we are only human. You need a cheat meal or two a week. Im losing between 3-5Lbs a weeks now, but I am really strict about what I eat and working out. As I said, this if for if you want FAST results. Only weigh yourself once a week. It will keep you motivated to see that number go down every 7 days.

As far as gaining it back....its lifestyle change that will prevent that. You don't have to do the fasting and calorie deficit once you hit your target weight, but you will have to find what amount of calories your body needs to consume to stay where you got it too. Most people in my country are fat, because most restaurants serve WAYYYY to much food for a meal. It's kind of odd, but to maintain a thin look - you kind of have to say goodbye to what we are told is the "normal" way to eat and live....because it's a lie. Normal is having carrots and some sliced turkey for a snack and piece of fish, half a yam, a salad, and an orange for dinner. We aren't as young as we use to be! haha the sad truth is, if you want to look skinny then you have to kind of live skinny. Theres no magical way to have delicious home cooked meals and burgers and not start putting the weight back on.

Sorry for the long winded response. Hope this helped!
  • quesoylibro1313
    quesoylibro1313 Posts: 2 Member
    Update on the huel diet?
  • charles75stanley
    charles75stanley Posts: 59 Member
    Hi there .

After yo yo ing for years finally made some gains this year lost almost two stone since Feb. I did the green juice diet for a month a few years back and lost two stones in a month! But a lot of muscle too. So this year I took up cycling and 5:2 fast diet lost two stone then hit a plateau so have now joined the gym so trying to go there every other day. And now I'm going full time huel with two days fast ( 500kcals) and the rest 1500kcals and see how I get on. :)