Breastfeeding

Options
Anyone know how to log breastfeeding into the app to account for calories lost and calories needed?

Replies

• artbyrachelh
    artbyrachelh Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Personally, I don't log it. But if you want to, you can "create exercise" and log breast milk production that way. Search online to find stats to enter to reflect calories burned while producing breast milk.
  • natashaaevans
    natashaaevans Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I log it as exercise ('breastfeeding'). Daily calorie estimates for exclusive breastfeeding range from 200-500. My baby is 8 mths and still feeds several times a day but is getting quite a bit of food in these days so I stay on the conservative side (150 minutes = 222 Cals). There's no way I spend that long feeding her a day but the calories seems about right. I've been eating them back and about half my other exercise calories and it seems to be working for me in terms of weight loss balanced with energy levels.
  • ARGriffy
    ARGriffy Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    Mine are at 400 a day, my baby is 5 weeks old so I'm feeding her like 10 times a day (And cluster feeding often in the eve) so I log it but don't always eat that back... I'm only having a 200-400 calorie deficit daily and that's overestimating I think x
  • bendyourkneekatie
    bendyourkneekatie Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    I lost a decent amount of weight setting my goal to maintenance and having breastfeeding be my deficit. Once my loss slowed/stalled I dropped my calories accordingly
  • GemstoneofHeart
    GemstoneofHeart Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    You can also just set your activity level to lightly active
  • kb1927
    kb1927 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    You can look it up as a food, and it will subtract calories (and possibly some macros, if I remember correctly).