Smoothies

Options
jasminedmarks
jasminedmarks Posts: 13 Member
Hello everyone! I am looking for the best nutritional fruit smoothies and other smoothie recipes. Can anyone provide their favorite smoothies to make at home?

Replies

• AbqAndrea
    AbqAndrea Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My general recipe is: 1 cup low fat plain greek yogurt, 1/2-1 cup greens, 1 cup fruit (I usually do 1/2 cup strawberries, 1/2 cup rasp/blueb/blackberry mix), 1 cup water, some ice cubes, 1 TBSP chia seeds. I don't add extra sugar or use juice or anything. You can do soy/almond milk instead of water.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    If you like gingerbread, Oxygen magazine has a recipe for a delicious Gingerbread cookie shake: 1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder, 1/2 scoop chocolate protein powder, 1/2 cup vanilla enriched Rice Dream, 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt, 1/2 tsp ginger, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1 T molasses, and ice cubes. Blend and drink ! Mmmmmm

I also like a Creamsicle, which is a cup of orange juice (I get the Healthy kids kind with extra calcium and vitamins), half a scoop of vanilla protein powder (I’ve been getting spirulina), and a lowfat or Greek vanilla (or plain or coffee) yogurt. Blend and drink.

The Key Lime Protein Shake is blended with the juice of a lime, 2 tsp lime zest, 1 scoop of vanilla whey protein powder, 1 T coconut, a cup of milk, and 1-2 packets of Stevia (optional).

The Chocolate Maple Shake is made by blending a cup of milk, 3 T protein powder, 1 T cocoa powder, and 1 tsp maple syrup

Last but not least, for a change, I blend a cup of orange juice (I get the Healthy kids kind with extra calcium and vitamins), half a scoop of chocolate protein powder (I’ve been getting spirulina), and a lowfat coffee yogurt. Also good!

• MrsDinh18
    MrsDinh18 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello :smile:

My favorite one is: 50gram fresh spinach, 1 medium frozen banana (peel it before you put it in the fridge), 330ml unsweetened almond milk, 2 teaspoons chia seeds. Put it all in a cup and mix until smooth.

It’s very sweet, nutty and refreshing. It’s my go to breakfast since I started eating healthy 1 week ago.
    Hope it helps!

Debbie
  • kemoon0915
    kemoon0915 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Some of my favorites are-
    Chocolate PB banana - your milk of choice, a frozen banana, chocolate protein powder, and 2 tablespoons of peanut butter. It almost seems like there is ice cream in it, very much like a milkshake .
    Peach - milk, Greek yogurt, frozen peaches and a little honey
    Tropical - milk, frozen tropical fruit blend, Greek yogurt, fresh ginger and cinnamon (and sweetener of choice of needed)
    Basically any smoothie' s protein content can easily be upped by the addition of plain or flavored Greek yogurt if you don't want to use protein powder
  • vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Here's my recipe:

Frozen banana cut up or 1 cup mixed frozen berries and cherries
    Two ice cubes
    One cup unsweetened almond or coconut milk
    4 ounces whole fat Greek yogurt or ricotta cheese
    Two scoops Chocorite vanilla protein powder (or yellow cake or cookies & cream flavor)

This makes a wonderful thick smoothie, and I have one after dinner as a snack or dessert most nights. Frozen cherries plus chocolate protein powder or vanilla with 1Tb cocoa makes a great chocolate cherry shake. I'm going to have to try some of the other combinations listed here - like the chocolate peanut butter.

I'm on coumadin so some of the ingredients listed (spinach, chia, spirulina) wouldn't work for me, unfortunately - they increase blood clotting.
  • ARGriffy
    ARGriffy Posts: 1,002 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    My fav go to ones: strawberry, coconut water, banana and vanilla syrup (sugar free)

Or: mango, pineapple and orange juice for a really fast one!!
  • maryannsavilonis
    maryannsavilonis Posts: 1 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    1/2 c diet cran grape juice, 4 oz activity yogurt FF, frozen strawberries, 1/2 c frozen blueberries mixed well til purried. Yum