Hello

Options
Hi

I've been using myfitnesspal for a few weeks now. Some weeks are good, some not so good.

I'm very lazy and really need to start doing some exercise.

I'm looking after a friends dog this week, so hoping to get lots of walking in & hoping to join a gym once she's gone home.

Could really do with some help & encouragement.

Emma
x

Replies

• RebeccaLynn68
    Options
    Hi Emma, I to have just joined and am having trouble with finding the time to excercise, I went yesterday to walmart and bought a pedometer to clip to my waist/shoe, I'm counting every step. I figure between housework,and running errond's I am already getting about 90 min at a slow pace so I count that and it helps at least mentally I think I'm doing something.You have already lost some wt and that is a start,remember the wt you want to lose did not just show up over night, it will not go away over night either,keep at it slow and steady wins the race......Becky:smile:
  • benest81
    Options
    Hello,
    Do you have a wii?? Just dance is such good fun and burns a suprising amout of calories, and you dont even realise as you are having such a good time.
    I to have been struggling with the exercise bit, never really been one for it - I dont like being sweaty!!! I have started waslking 30 mins each day and it has made such a difference, I walk round the block and measure the distance on http://www.gmap-pedometer.com.
    Make good use of your time with the dog, you'll both enjoy all the walking :)

Good Luck xx
  • statia152
    statia152 Posts: 558
    Options
    Hi, my name is Statia (sounds like Stay - sha). I joined two weeks ago, but didn't really look over the site much until Monday. There are challenges put out by other members, lots of tools that will help and I am surprised by the friendliness and support others offer. I have found the right place to succeed in my weight loss. BTW, what does "bump" mean?
  • memobe
    memobe Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Hello Emma! I am fairly new here as well, but not really knew to the whole "weight-loss" thing. I really do find that exercise is the key for me. It burns those calories and really does keep me motivated.

Good luck to you!
  • EvilDave14
    EvilDave14 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Hi Becky

I have a pedometer, but it doesn't seem to go up very much. We are doing a challenge at work, but I have the lowest steps, and our team is not doing well.

Emma
    x
  • EvilDave14
    Options
    Hello,
    Do you have a wii?? Just dance is such good fun and burns a suprising amout of calories, and you dont even realise as you are having such a good time.
    I to have been struggling with the exercise bit, never really been one for it - I dont like being sweaty!!! I have started waslking 30 mins each day and it has made such a difference, I walk round the block and measure the distance on http://www.gmap-pedometer.com.
    Make good use of your time with the dog, you'll both enjoy all the walking :)

Good Luck xx

I have a wii & a few exercise games for it, but I'm lacking the motivation to use them at the moment.

Emma
    x
  • jpenneyweightloss
    Options
    Could you give the context for "bump" - it means different things depending on how it's used. I think of it as a light tap, usually used for moving something a small distance or pushing something (or someone) out of the way. It seems like english is your first language from what you've written so far so I'm not sure what you're asking.

As far as exercise goes, just start walking a little every day, it's a great exercise and you only need to do a little at a time, and you'll do more as you get used to it. If you find you can't bring yourself to go outside, the video games mentioned here are a decent fallback but eventually you'll want to get out and get some fresh air too.

Also if you're very unmotivated you may find it helpful to talk to a psychologist for some tips on getting motivated, they can be very helpful. They'll usually do an initial interview over the phone and some even do phone consults (though they usually want to meet you first.)
  • statia152
    Options
    JPenny ~ When I read some of the topics posted, people say "bump". I think they like it, so ... is that a fist 'bump"?
  • GPSHEALTHCOACHING
    GPSHEALTHCOACHING Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    On the bump..... They are bumping it to the top of the recent post list or they are bumping it so it goes into "my topics " list so they can follow the thread without having to search for it every time.

Hope that helps.....
  • eaglemonster
    eaglemonster Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Hi, welcome to MFP, Ive been kicking around quite a while and loving the support that can be found here. Good luck on your venture, just try and keep moving.

"Bump" is used as a way to bring the thread back to the front of a forum.
  • GPSHEALTHCOACHING
    GPSHEALTHCOACHING Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Anytime you post on a topic it goes to the "my topic" list and it's a quick way of putting it there to come back to later and read or follow....
  • ValerieofAvon
    Options
    Hi Emma,

I am happy to provide support. Walking is a great form of exercise .. above all else enjoy it and you will feel so much better.

Valerie
  • statia152
    Options
    Thanks Jlc and Eagle! Now it seems so obvious. :)
  • mefeight1964
    mefeight1964 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hi Emma! I think you're going to love the comradarie of the MFP gang. The message boards can be down right addictive but it's a great way to meet people with common goals and get input on various topics. When you need us, we're here for you!

BTW, "bump" is an acronym for "bring up my post". Like others said, it allows you to easily find this conversation under "my topics" so you can follow what's been said for future reference.

Blessings to you on your weight loss journey!
  • benest81
    Options
    have a go at Just dance or Just Dance 2 - get some friends round and make an eveing of it - you'll be addicted before you even realise you are exercising :)
  • skinnyme47
    skinnyme47 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Welcome to My Fitness Pal! Make plenty of friends on this site. It really helps to motivate you. :happy:
  • EvilDave14
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies. It's great to have some support.

I am quite good at the weekends when it comes to dieting, but work is a nightmare. I get so bored that I just want to eat for something to do!