Seeking out other professionals for workout tips and support

Options
Hello, all.

I have been in the financial industry for over 11 years and am currently a Financial Advisor. It can be a lonely and demanding role, but I have managed to have a fairly set workout schedule and exercise about 6x a week, but never less than 4 unless ill or injured (usually shin splints).

I enjoy HIIT, circuit, body weight training, LISS, beginner's yoga, beginner's pilates, have done a few 5ks, and am starting to dabble in strength training and possibly crossfit.

I am seeking out professionals of any industry, age, and gender to connect with and support each other on those not-so-easy days where no one understands and you simply can't risk your reputation by being anything other than poised and looking well put together in the 'real' world.

If this sounds like you, feel free to start a dialogue on this thread and/or send a friend request.

Replies

• hoppgeorge
    hoppgeorge Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Im a business manager for a car dealership. I think i get what you are talkig about. Im sending you a friend request if that is ok. Happy monday!!
  • Aplant77
    Aplant77 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Feel free to friend me if you like! I've been in business/accounting for 13 years and also love a variety of work outs.
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me - corporate real estate here (at least Monday-Friday) :)
  • twneogenesis
    twneogenesis Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am psycho-therapist and doctoral candidate. Fitness and nutrition are great for self-care.
  • raspuller
    raspuller Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Close to 20 years in HR. I left the corporate world last spring and started my own consulting business. I also teach at a local college.

A few years ago I was in the best shape of my life - running, lifting. I did two half’s that year, probably ran 20-30 miles a week. And then I got injured. And had surgery. And a bunch of other stuff. And it all went downhill from there. The last job I had really prohibited me from getting much exercise other than the odd walk at lunch so I’ve been really hitting it hard since I left there. I’m still in the “lose the extra weight and get my fitness back” stage but I’m getting there.
  • Mike1804
    Mike1804 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    20 years in banking for me. Prioritizing my fitness time before the sunrise makes all the difference in the world for me.
  • RangeBoss
    RangeBoss Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    30 years of operations management on a national level. Kept a regular exercise regiment throughout. Now living the dream of owning a ranch and raising cattle. Feel free to add me as a friend request. I’d be happy to support.

Enjoy
  • PetiteHabanero
    PetiteHabanero Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the adds! It's nice to see other working professionals who have made working out and fitness fit into their lifestyle.