Insanity vs P90X

Options
What's the main difference? Which is more intense? Better results?

Replies

• biged335
    biged335 Posts: 734
    Options
    Depends on what your looking for. Insanity is more cardio based, which I'm doing now. And I love it. Haven't done P90, but it uses more weights. Both are intense from my understanding. I plan on doing P90 too. But most likely after another round of insanity.
  • OLP76
    OLP76 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: me too
  • AFitasticYou
    Options
    I can't say anything about Insanity, but I love P90X! Beach Body has great programs, I'm sure you would succeed with either. I would youtube each of them to get a feel for them and decided which you think will work best for you. I'm doing P90X Classic version, almost done Phase 1.
  • SpaceMarkus
    SpaceMarkus Posts: 651
    Options
    Having done both...

They are completely different. P90X is 90 days. Insanity is 60 days.
    P90X uses weights. Insanity uses your body as weight.
    P90X focuses on building muscle and strength. Insanity focuses on building cardiovascular strength and endurance.
    Insanity is WAY more intense. Think about doing a lot of Plyo/Cardio for 45min straight.
    Both have great results, just depends on the results you want.

Let me know if you have any specific questions :)
  • hklesser
    Options
    Can anyone who has done or is doing Insanity AND P90X tell me whether insanity has a Yoga portion too?

I have started P90X and generall like it except for 2 things. 1. You need to get all the dumbells. The band does not work for me. I don't want to buy all these weights before I am sure I really want to go through woith the program. 2. I HATE the Yoga. I am very frustrated with that part of the program and I am afraid that this will keep me from completing it.

I understand that Insanity does not require weights. My remaining question is about Yoga. Is Yoga part of Insanity?

Thanks for any insights.
  • glfprncs2
    glfprncs2 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Having done both...

They are completely different. P90X is 90 days. Insanity is 60 days.
    P90X uses weights. Insanity uses your body as weight.
    P90X focuses on building muscle and strength. Insanity focuses on building cardiovascular strength and endurance.
    Insanity is WAY more intense. Think about doing a lot of Plyo/Cardio for 45min straight.
    Both have great results, just depends on the results you want.

Let me know if you have any specific questions :)

This! I did 3 rounds of P90X before doing Insanity. P90X is a strength based program with some cardio. Insanity is a cardio based program with some strength. I actually LOST quite a bit of strength during my 60 days of Insanity (though it was quite easy to fix with 90 days of ChaLean Extreme right after). That said, I REALLY leaned out in those 60 days, particularly in my core section. In addition, I was probably in the best shape I've been in since high school basketball season (20+ years ago).