Jillian Michaels DVDs

Options
Hi everyone! I really need some help on this. How many calories will I burn when I work out with a Jillian Michaels DVD? There are so many out there, but how do I go about finding out how many calories are burned so I can record it? Any ideas?
Thanks everyone! : smile:

Replies

• tkcasta
    tkcasta Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    To know exactly you would need a heart rate monitor. I find that general circuit training gets the calories to the closest.
  • Meglm1117
    Meglm1117 Posts: 70
    Options
    I'm planning on doing banish fat tonight with my new HRM so I will let you know if the calories burned are similar to the carlories burned on here for aerobic or circuit if you would like! :)
  • Starlage
    Starlage Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    when I do her banish fat/boost metabolism dvd i'll burn around 265ish (i use an HRM with a chest strap), more or less depending on how many breaks I take and how much FULL effort I give to the movements. I'm 5'1" and 161 lbs so it also will make a difference how tall you are etc and how fit you are...
  • Meglm1117
    Options
    Wow, welllllll I never realized how many calories I actually burned with banish fat.. banish was sooo hard inthe beginning but i can get thru the whole thing without stopping and without modifications....my hrm says i burned 793 calories! AHHHH
  • Starlage
    Starlage Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    wow way more than me!! ;o)
  • Meglm1117
    Options
    Okay I need to correct this....I knew something didn't look right showing that amount burned. haha I took my average heart rate with this exercise and used an online calorie burning formula to figure out how many calories I actually did burn....it was 512.
  • anavalentino46
    Options
    I use a heart rate monitor for all my workouts it is pretty accurate according to Jillian's Podcasts and is very motivational I often play little games with myself i.e. just get to 300 calories or another 50 calories and I'm done. The heavier you are the more calories you burn so make sure that you update you weight frequently as you loose I did Banish fat boost metabolism and burned 556.