small success - and a mini rant

camy_chick
camy_chick Posts: 277 Member
so, i have made a plan for myself.......

.....if you want to read more about that goal: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/camy_chick/view/1-year-130692.......

SUCCESS::::::but basically my goal is to be down 100 pounds in 1 year. well i'm 1/2 way through my first month to that goal. so 15 days in, and i'm 1/2 way to my goal for this month! means 6 pounds down so far this month. and 6 more to go! i think i'm getting on track with this all :D

RANT::::::: i CAN'T wait for the scale to say like 325-326 something like that, or lower. it gets frustraiting to take your weight one day, and it says ie: 329 but then the next time you step on it, it says 334 or something like that. it gets aggrevating, and yeah i know could be anything from too much sodium one day, or water retention, but it just gets annoying. it's like you get so excited to be down into a different weight range, and then to see it go back up to the bigger one. i'm not letting it discourage me cause i know my weight fluxuates day to day, but is it really too much to ask that the scale says the same thing friday as it said thursday? - lower is always good though :D

anyone else feel that way about the scale?

Replies

• av8rblond
    av8rblond Posts: 140
    I hate the scale...in fact so much that I only weigh once every two weeks. It is so disheartening to know you have busted your butt and the scale rewards you with a pound...lol
    I take my measurements once a month though and usually rely on how my clothes fit and look.

Just my opinion...
  • fastbelly
    fastbelly Posts: 727 Member
    I personally weigh myself every day (or almost) because that's what works for me. I like to see the changes and try to match them to behaviors from the past day(s) to see what is working and what not, but I don't get too mad about seeing it go up. I know that I'm doing the right things and sooner or later it will show the weight coming down again.

If however it affects the way you feel and you stress about it, you should probably weigh yourself only once a week or so. Even then you can and will see variations but if you do it on the same day every week at about the same time you should see a pattern pretty soon and that will in turn give you more confidence.

Most important of all, stick to your goals and keep doing the right things and you will see results. It took years to put on all the weight and it will take a while for all of it to come out too, its not a sprint its a marathon so get ready for it.

Good Luck achieving your goal!
  • blnorman29
    blnorman29 Posts: 148 Member
    I only weigh once a week for that reason. I feel like it reflects better on my overall progress then weighing every day, plus I don't stress about it. It is a challenge to resist, though, especially after I've had a really good day.
  • homeport51
    homeport51 Posts: 198 Member
    Congrats on your success!

I am with you on the scale thing... I weigh every day too, but just once a day. It is the same every day... get up, go potty, turn on the coffee pot... weigh in. Same time, same clothes (none), same everything. I think it gives me a picture of my progress and my eating. I know if I eat too much sodium, I'm gonna put on some weight. I also know if I don't drink enough, it affects my weight. I don't get discouraged though, I just use it as another tool.

Keep going girl! You are doing fantastic!
  • VitaLeta
    VitaLeta Posts: 19 Member
    Perhaps try tracking your weight in a spreadsheet that will give you a daily average. Such as on http://www.physicsdiet.com . Then track your average loss instead of worrying over the day to day.
  • jennor8or
    jennor8or Posts: 204 Member
    I only weigh once a week for that reason. I feel like it reflects better on my overall progress then weighing every day, plus I don't stress about it. It is a challenge to resist, though, especially after I've had a really good day.

i have the HARDEST time not weighing everyday...its probably harder to not weight everyday than it is to stick to my exercise and calories LOL
  • helenium
    helenium Posts: 546 Member
    I personally weigh every day and only record new low weights. In the long-term it does balance out. Some people prefer weighing in weekly, and that's fine if it helps, but I personally feel that puts too much pressure on "weigh-in day" and if it goes badly it puts me off. I prefer having more data points!

You'll need to see what's most comfortable for you - 90% will say weigh weekly, 10% will say weigh daily... I say try both and see what is most comforting.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!