Cardio Everyday

Options
reactivefuzz
reactivefuzz Posts: 18 Member
edited January 2018 in Challenges
I used to run everyday but since an automobile accident I've decided to start bicycling to be easier on my knees.

I have tried to do intense spin intervals for 20 minutes a day before, but struggle to keep it up past a month or two... story of our lives, right?

I know it's sometimes easier to separate a large task into parts, so I'm starting a QUARTERLY challenge to perform a cardiovascular workout each day!

Introduction format:

Name:
Starting weight:
Goal weight:
Current weight:
Workout of choice:
Duration of workout:
Anything you want to share about your workouts, progress, calorie intake, etc

Each day share your workout and achievements!

Start now and we'll create a new thread at the end of March!

Matthew
Intense spin bike intervals
20 minutes
Today is my third day on the bike; so far I'm not struggling too hard to stay on track with calories since cutting out sugar.

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    You might want to mix it up instead of going intense every workout, sounds like a recipe for burn out.

Have some easy days, walk instead of cycling every day.
  • reactivefuzz
    Options
    I swim and I've been using a lot of energy clearing a wooded lot I bought here in Gulf Coast Texas. You won't see me post intense spin bike intervals everyday, just most days.
  • reactivefuzz
    Options
    Well it seems like this isn't going to have any takers. How do I delete this thread?
  • gettinfitjazzy
    gettinfitjazzy Posts: 8 Member
    Options

Name: Jasmine
    Starting weight: 190
    Goal weight: 170
    Current weight: 190
    Workout of choice: Hip Hop Abs by Shaun T (workout program)
    Duration of workout: range from 30mins - 1hr
    Today is my first day starting back tackling my goals and I believe that all things can be accomplish once you master your focus, master your mind, and master ur guidance of where you want to be. If you believe and can vision your goals it will be achieved! I support all and lets go!
  • reactivefuzz
    Options
    Thanks for the reply and friend request @gettinfitjazzy
    I've been steady with my 20min of intervals and tracking my food intake here on mfp, I'll make regular updates here - now that I know someone's onboard!
  • reactivefuzz
    Options
    Well, despite working 13.5 hours and undoubtedly affecting my sleep a bit tonight, I squeezed in my workout. 20 minutes of intense spin intervals and a "few" back extensions to top it off.

I've been told we're starting a 12 hour shift, 13 days on with 1 day off today. It's supposed to last around a month. Good for my bank account, bad for my sleep schedule because I am determined to stay on track!
  • reactivefuzz
    Options
    Hammered through my intervals again, followed by some crunches, after a 12.5 hour workday! Nice to get home a little earlier, I might actually be asleep by 10 tonight...
  • reactivefuzz
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I couldn't workout yesterday, due to working 15 hours from 0530 to 2030, not including my hour long round trip commute. I'll get back on the bike tonight, though, regardless of how long I stay at work.
  • reactivefuzz
    Options
    Despite working 16 hours today I knocked out my cardio! 20 min intervals again, I feel like I'll have to add some intensity to that workout soon. Followed up with back extensions tonight.
  • reactivefuzz
    Options
    Boom! Another day down, 20 minutes of hiit on the bike. Feeling good after a "short" 12 hour workday and my workout. What's your progress @gettinfitjazzy