Healthy snacks

Options
Alrighty then. I’m a snacker big time! I snack at night mainly. Besides vegetable and fruit, what are the healthiest and tastiest snacks you eat? I want to know what your favorite snacks are to give me ideas for my snacking sessions. I snack on cucumbers, grilled zucchini and pop corn.

Replies

• fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    How are you defining healthy? Do you mean low calorie?
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Options
    My go to treat is air popped popcorn sprinkled with cinnamon. However, I 100% agree with whatever you want if it fits within your calorie goals. I'd suggest to log first to make sure. That way you can determine whether the food you want to eat is worth the calories it has.
  • Live_life_well
    Live_life_well Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Mostly snack on nuts - almonds, cashews, with some dates on the side. However, keep in mind that these are very calorie dense so make sure to use the scale to ensure you don't overeat.
  • ZRunner5Lulaica
    ZRunner5Lulaica Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    It depends on my mood. But for snacks this week, I'm doing sliced veggies (carrots and celery), black olives, freeze dried fruit, and beef jerky. I'd love to bring berries or nuts, but work restricts them due to allergies.
  • wetheskinny
    wetheskinny Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    On-the-go snacks under 100 calories:
    • Sugar-free jello cups
    • Sugar-free pudding cups
    • Fruit cups in water
    • Fibre One bars
    • Cereal / trail mix / dried fruit
    • Hardboiled eggs
    • Roasted seaweed
    • Yogurt
    • Frozen fruit
    • Popsicles!
    • Edamame
    • Cheese sticks
    • Beef jerky
  • becomingbeautifultoday
    Options
    The other day I had some rice crackers with cottage cheese and some smoked beef, it was amazing!!
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,818 Member
    Options
    Kettle corn/popcorn is a great low calorie/high volume snack
  • djspacecaptain
    djspacecaptain Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Pickles and sunflower seeds!
  • Flyingfingers51
    Flyingfingers51 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Veggies and hummus, fresh fruit, popcorn, nuts (weighed/measured), but first, drink water to see if that will take care of the urge to snack.
  • zorbaru
    zorbaru Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    Ive just discovered that i have developed a watermelon allergy. if i eat it my throat closes up and I find it hard to breathe. I am 38 and have been eating watermelon all my life. It sucks because it is such a good snack to have especially in the hot summer of Australia