Help - 60+ lbs to lose

Options
Hi All

I am new to MFP and will start logging from today. I am an emotional eater and have a history of yo-yo dieting. However, I am now really motivated to make lifestyle changes, particularly regarding diet and would like to share my journey with those in a similar situation so that we may support and encourage each other.

Please see my stats below.

Current Weight: 188.2 lbs (85.4 kg)
Goal Weight: 126 lbs (57.2 kg)
Weight to Lose: 62.2 lbs (28.2 kg)

My goal is to lose 1 lbs per week to begin with, which means that my calorie goal is 1,400 kcal per day. I will review this each week and may reduce this to 1,200 kcal per day to achieve 2 lbs weight loss per week depending on my progress.

Please add me and join me on this journey!

Replies

• Rickster1967
    Rickster1967 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Dropping to 1200 will only see you drop a further 0.4lb per week so probably better to stick to 1400 which will be easier to achieve, more satisfying and sustainable for longer

good luck
  • caloninja
    caloninja Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thank you Rickster1967, great advice!
  • vtsyid
    vtsyid Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Caloninja!

I am in a similar boat to you.
    Female
    Current weight: 92kg (down from 98 in September using MFP)
    Goal weight: 60kg
    Weight to lose: 32kg

Using MFP and Fitbit.
    Aiming for a similar calorie goal per day (1230 after exercise, currently happy to be hitting about 1400 after exercise)

Add me as a friend so we can support each other. Let’s do this!
  • nikipam11
    nikipam11 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Good Luck. You can do this. Keep reminding yourself daily of what your motivations are. This will help.
  • caroline_mason42
    caroline_mason42 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Right there with you 65Lb minimum to lose here but at 46 it’s getting harder to lose the weight, good luck we can all do this
  • dualvans
    dualvans Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    41, 61 pounds to lose too!