Tired of being the big girl at the party

Options
Hi everyone. My name is Jessica and I'm 26 years old. I started out at the end of January at 290 the heaviest I have ever been. Didn't think it would get that bad. WOW. So it's time for me to take control of my life and my weight. So looking to the future CHEERS for everyone. Nice to meet you.

Replies

• greensilkworm
    Options
    Hi everyone. My name is Jessica and I'm 26 years old. I started out at the end of January at 290 the heaviest I have ever been. Didn't think it would get that bad. WOW. So it's time for me to take control of my life and my weight. So looking to the future CHEERS for everyone. Nice to meet you.
  • sassyredgirl
    sassyredgirl Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I like you am ready for a change that's why i'm here. You will find so much information and the people are just great. Best thing i have found to help me here is the food journal really makes me account for what im putting in my mouth week 3 and im down 8lbs. I don't think it would happen though if i werent hitting the gym. When i dont go to the gym i walk my dog so i get at least some kind of exercise in.. Good luck on your journey this is the beginning of your new life. :flowerforyou: Julie
  • pipinana
    pipinana Posts: 2,356 Member
    Options
    Hi Jessica! :heart:
    I wish you the best of luck! I LOVE this site, joined the same time you did.... :smile:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    welcome and good luck :flowerforyou: This site has been a great help to many of us :drinker:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Funny you put that as the header - my profile I say I am tired of being the fat mom.

You can do it - this site is amazing to keep you going.
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    welcome and good luck on your weight loss Journey!!!
  • csantos1182
    Options
    welcome to the site:drinker:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. I just know you are going to love it here if you don't already. I love this site so much. Everyone is so nice, friendly and supportive. This site is so motivational. I just wanted to tell you that I hope you have good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.
  • connieq288
    connieq288 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    I feel you.... I love this site and I dont think I could do it without this site either. It helps me with exercise so much. I think I just love to type in how many calories I burn and see it on here. Not only that even if you only lose a lb here or there it adds up and you can see it on your ticker then. The people here are great and there are so many challenges to help motivate also. Good Luck to you

Connie
  • aislingkelly
    Options
    Hey everyone! My name'sAisling I'm 18 and from Ireland! I just started today and my weight is 178! I'm only 5"3 so my BMI is 31!! :blushing: :blushing: so i'm starting this so i can go to college as a skinny student and be able to wear clothes with confidence!! good luck to everyone else struggling with their weight!

:heart:
  • pipinana
    pipinana Posts: 2,356 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! My name'sAisling I'm 18 and from Ireland! I just started today and my weight is 178! I'm only 5"3 so my BMI is 31!! :blushing: :blushing: so i'm starting this so i can go to college as a skinny student and be able to wear clothes with confidence!! good luck to everyone else struggling with their weight!

:heart:

OH, Ireland!! FUN! :smile: Good luck Aisling!! You and I are just about the same hight/weight... We can do this girl! WE CAN! :drinker: :drinker:

:heart: pip
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Good Luck!!!

You will do it here!

:flowerforyou: Kathy