Your Morning

Options
Do you wake up hungry in the morning?? It seems like every morning I wake up with my stomach growling...and I also feel like I go to bed with my stomach growling. Anyone else notice this? Of course I eat when I wake up...but just wondering if anyone else notices this?

Replies

• JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Yep....sure do.
  • Jamcnair
    Jamcnair Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Usually I wake up and don't get hungry for about 15-30 minutes but then I'm starving
  • Amo_Angelus
    Amo_Angelus Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Not me, it takes me about an hour and half after waking up to feel hungry, and that's probably only because I excercise for that long in a morning...
  • AEcklar813
    AEcklar813 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Last night I was really hungry when I was trying to fall asleep. It was late though and I sure wasn't going to be doing any midnight snacking. This morning I didn't seem to be starving when I woke up but I did get hungry once I started cooking breakfast.
  • ACook42
    ACook42 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    To be honest....NO.
    What time do you wake up? or for that matter go to sleep?
    These could all be factors in why you feel this way. When do you consume your last nibble also?

If you get a lot of fiber during the day you may feel full longer, Do you eat 3 meals plus 3 snacks a day? what is your calorie intake?

I have already asked about five questions so to completely understand your hunger in the morning you may want to adjust your eating to make it happen less often.
  • asaferez
    asaferez Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Very nice progress, you should be proud of yourself :-)
  • brit49
    brit49 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    10am to 11am I start to get hungry I usually have a coffee and start eating at noon
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    Yes, usually I eat within 10 minutes of waking up. I eat a pretty early dinner and don't do any night snacking so it's usually at least 10 hours since I ate when I wake up.
  • welloiledmachine
    welloiledmachine Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Most likely it depends on the last time you ate that evening.
  • weeze_h
    weeze_h Posts: 72
    Options
    I work shifts and strangely when I'm on early shift and the alarm wakes me at 5am, by the time I get up I am starving! But on my days off and when I'm on backshift and wake up naturally around 8-9am I'm not hungry and feel my breakfasts are forced - Very strange!!
  • ayshamc
    ayshamc Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Yep, but i'm a bit sad and go to bed really early like an old person haha! I am usually asleep by half 9 or so.

Which then it turn means that I am wide awake at 5-5.30am, so I usually get hungry just after I wake up. I go to the Gym every weekday morning, so I usually drink a big bottle of water to see me through and then eat breakfast when I get to work at half 8 or 9...

My friend at work was told by her Personal Trainer that you should eat within half an hour of waking up in the morning - I don't know how I would feel about going to the Gym with a belly full of Porridge or Oaty-Bix though?!
  • welloiledmachine
    welloiledmachine Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Yep, but i'm a bit sad and go to bed really early like an old person haha! I am usually asleep by half 9 or so.

Which then it turn means that I am wide awake at 5-5.30am, so I usually get hungry just after I wake up. I go to the Gym every weekday morning, so I usually drink a big bottle of water to see me through and then eat breakfast when I get to work at half 8 or 9...

My friend at work was told by her Personal Trainer that you should eat within half an hour of waking up in the morning - I don't know how I would feel about going to the Gym with a belly full of Porridge or Oaty-Bix though?!

It's best to wait at least an 1 hour after eating before hitting the gym. It is good to eat within 30-60 minutes after waking up as this starts your metabolism.
  • ayshamc
    ayshamc Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    It's best to wait at least an 1 hour after eating before hitting the gym. It is good to eat within 30-60 minutes after waking up as this starts your metabolism.

Aah, ok! Thank you for that info :flowerforyou:
  • GenerationD05
    Options
    Most days I wake up and make me breakfast and coffee, but there are some days that I just have the coffee and don't eat for a couple hours cuz I'm not hungry yet.... But since I started eating better and exercising, I find that I'm usually hungry in the morning.
  • marie_2454
    marie_2454 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Every now and then I wake up so hungry I feel sick and some mornings it takes a hours for me to get hungry. I don't eat meals or at regular times though, I just eat when I start getting a little hungry and stay under my calories. I hardly ever go to bed hungry and that's probably why I rarely wake up starving.