Is there anything out there like beachbody coaching but different work at home

Options
Considered doing beachbody but was wondering if there’s something else out there to workout or potentially work from home as a living doing it.

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Prepare to lose friends!
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    So how many private messages have you received since you started this thread? Bet ya weren't prepared for that :D
  • KeepRunningFatboy
    KeepRunningFatboy Posts: 3,055 Member
    Options
    I noted there are some apps that can be accessed on smart TVs and tablets etc for home training. I’ve seen them for different types of aerobics classes and other fitness routines. I do TrainerRoad which is an indoor Bike app that I run on an iPad and there is a Bluetooth or wireless connect from the bike trainer to a device my iPad connects to. For $99 it’s an awesome investment with dozens of training plans up to ironman 140.6 distances.

You could actually go out to eBay and get the p90x and other popular workout dvds far cheaper then beach body online.

So yes, there are a ton of tools out there, many just as effective as the flashy peloton and beach body programs,
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    I noted there are some apps that can be accessed on smart TVs and tablets etc for home training. I’ve seen them for different types of aerobics classes and other fitness routines. I do TrainerRoad which is an indoor Bike app that I run on an iPad and there is a Bluetooth or wireless connect from the bike trainer to a device my iPad connects to. For $99 it’s an awesome investment with dozens of training plans up to ironman 140.6 distances.

You could actually go out to eBay and get the p90x and other popular workout dvds far cheaper then beach body online.

So yes, there are a ton of tools out there, many just as effective as the flashy peloton and beach body programs,

There's a big difference between doing their workouts and becoming one of their silly shake peddlers they call "coaches". It's absolutely ridiculous because being a BeachBody "coach" requires no training or education at all - you send them your fee and voila, you're a "coach". You don't have to know anything about anything, and it says exactly that right in their "coach's" FAQ on their website (I refuse to even link to it). It's a joke, it's a scam and it's an insult to real coaches have who actually earned that title and have some credibility.

Their workout DVDs are decent enough, as workout DVDs go - but their Snakeoilogy is a complete ripoff. Overpriced, poor quality and hyped by all kinds of bogus advertising claims. There are much better, higher quality protein supplement powders on the market at much better prices and you don't have to become a BB powder peddler to get ahold of them.
  • jeremywm1977
    jeremywm1977 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Considered doing beachbody but was wondering if there’s something else out there to workout or potentially work from home as a living doing it.

Have you heard the phrase "avoid it like the plague". Well, picture something worse than the plague, and still avoid it. Beachbody "Coaching", like all MLM's, will show you who your true friends are.......because all of them will avoid you like the aforementioned item that you pictured which is worse than the plague. "Coaching" is in quotation marks, because coaching is more of an afterthought, secondary to sell Shakeology, add to downline, sell more Shakeology, add to downline, rinse and repeat.

I tried it for two months. My family and friends wanted nothing to do with it (they were obviously smarter than me). I tried recruiting through this website.....and got a good share of "friendly" responses.

There are so many other work-from-home opportunities out there through companies like Amazon, U-Haul, and others. You just have to find them and hopefully save yourself some money and heartbreak in the process.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    I think if you were really looking to do something like that as a career, your money would be better spent getting a personal training certification. Most of the BB money comes from people buying the supplements, not the actual workouts, since those are a one time cost. And most of the workouts can be found for free online (through unscrupulous means) or someone can just do the on demand service, which means you might not see a lot of profit from that. With a certification, you could still lead challenge groups (if that's what you really like to do) from home, but also work in a gym with clients or teaching classes.
  • megjenfor7
    megjenfor7 Posts: 1 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Check out Fitness Blender.com!! I have used it for 3 or 4 years now. Every single workout is free. You can buys programs, but you do not have to. You have the same access to all the workouts regardless of whether you buy a program or not. This is a husband and wife team and they are amazing. They promote nothing except exercise and healthy eating. No pills, diet programs, shakes etc. It is amazing and I am so thankful everyday that I found them.
  • jeremywm1977
    jeremywm1977 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Like AnvilHead above states, there are two versions of Beachbody (figuratively, not literally).
    On one hand, I enjoy the workouts. Well, I enjoy almost all of the Tony Horton workouts. Shaun T's workouts Insanity line workouts can be downright dangerous to someone with knee, ankle, hip, or lower back issues, and his dance workouts are a joke. Chalene Johnson is annoying. All of the others are take it or leave it.

The business model is no model for doing business. Pay your monthly fee, poof, you're a coach. You're given access to materials, which are just sales aids...with scripts you can just copy and paste into emails, forums, direct messages, etc. Someone who's a coach please tell me how this qualifies you to coach me on my health and fitness.

Shakeology is overpriced tripe, a meal supplement with comparable, or better, products on any grocery store shelf for a fraction of the cost.

There, my peace has been spoken.
  • boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Options
    Look up body project.
    They have some awesome workouts that I have done via YouTube.
  • KeepRunningFatboy
    KeepRunningFatboy Posts: 3,055 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    There's a big difference between doing their workouts and becoming one of their silly shake peddlers they call "coaches". It's absolutely ridiculous because being a BeachBody "coach" requires no training or education at all - you send them your fee and voila, you're a "coach". You don't have to know anything about anything, and it says exactly that right in their "coach's" FAQ on their website (I refuse to even link to it). It's a joke, it's a scam and it's an insult to real coaches have who actually earned that title and have some credibility.

Their workout DVDs are decent enough, as workout DVDs go - but their Snakeoilogy is a complete ripoff. Overpriced, poor quality and hyped by all kinds of bogus advertising claims. There are much better, higher quality protein supplement powders on the market at much better prices and you don't have to become a BB powder peddler to get ahold of them.

The OP never said anything about their shakes, I never mentioned them either. You brought that up. She asked if there was a similar home work out model.
  • bendyourkneekatie
    bendyourkneekatie Posts: 696 Member
    Options

The OP never said anything about their shakes, I never mentioned them either. You brought that up. She asked if there was a similar home work out model.

She said
    potentially work from home as a living doing it.
    which involves selling their products and recruiting more "coaches".

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options

No, she's looking to sell it, not do it.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options

Read her post again. I think you missed something. Something relevant to my responses.