come 4 o clock, i NEED something sweet.

okay, so i wake up most days feeling really motivated, i do really well all morning, then BAM, the clock strikes 4 and i find myself thinking about NOTHING ELSE other than i really, really want something sweet, fruit will not satisfy!

heellp meeeeeeee!!

Replies

• LoriIAM
    LoriIAM Posts: 73 Member
    Maybe this is when you should have your snack or dessert or just a little something.:smile:
  • thinby40
    thinby40 Posts: 113
    love the "Zone" protein bars....cookie dough is my fav and it's smaller compared to the typical protein bars. It tastes like a candy bar! Balance protein bars are good too...I also like the skinny cow ice cream sandwiches yum! They're both very satisfying!
  • Angelabec
    Angelabec Posts: 505 Member
    yeah, I have to say, if you need it, have it, and get it out of the way. as long as you count it in, it's fine. I quite often have a biscuit in the afternoons.
  • blink1021
    blink1021 Posts: 1,115 Member
    I know I get like that too especially after dinner. I have found these juice bars and they are huge and only 70 calories I love the watermelon. The ones I buy are at Aldis and not everyone has one in their area but they are fantastic. I have also made my own. I use my son's popsicle trays and I freeze whatever juice I like. Crystal Light lemonade is my favorite.
  • clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    I live in France and here eating is revered and quite rigid..... but the people are not overweight. They eat breakfast usually bread chocolate tea coffee, then a 3 course lunch then at 4 o clock they have coffee tea and something sweet to tide them over to their evening meal..... meals are blalnced and not very packaged or processed and the general population is much smaller than in the UK and hence than in the USA (not that I have ever been)

So I am trying to retrain myself into french habits, maybe eat a little less quantity at traditional meal times and then self prepared fresh food and have something in between meals to tide you over...... good luck!
  • nehushtan
    nehushtan Posts: 566 Member
    Try one mini reeses cup or two chocolate chips.
  • emfoley2
    emfoley2 Posts: 30 Member
    I budget a later afternoon snack to keep from overeating at dinner time, and something sweet most days. If you like dark chocolate, Godiva Gems in the plain variety are only 23 calories each - I also like dove moments (42 cal ea).
  • Klbryce1
    Klbryce1 Posts: 23
    i had an ice lolly to tide me over! thanks guys
  • GabriellaMaria
    GabriellaMaria Posts: 150 Member
    i make a nice milky coffe, and put loads of non aspartame sweetners in it, mmmm its yummy, sweet and gets me through the afternoon